/ Four | Powerless \

||Mount Justice
||July 07, 08:04 EDT

The next time I woke up, I was somewhere I had only seen on tv. Mount Justice. I was laying on a comfy bed in a plain room, the sheets covering my lower half. I was still in my hero uniform but my boots and gloves had been removed.

"Shit."

"Language."

"Aw, now you've got me thinking of the Avengers. It was such a great movie. Wait. No! Marvel planned on coming out with so many great movies, will I ever get to see them?!"

"I'm afraid not."

"Come on!" I groaned. "And I can't even finish off the comic books I had just bought. This couldn't have happened at the worst time. And now I'm stuck in the Cave."

"It could be worse."

After my little fit of anger, I sighed, looking around the room trying to find another exit. There were no windows, only the bed, a desk, an empty bookshelf, a closet, and a mirror. When I moved the blankets to the side, wanting to get up, my eyes were instantly drawn to the chain tied around my ankle.

"They actually tied me to the bed. They frickin' tied me to the bed!"

"I spoke too soon. Relax. You will not be able to think properly if you are not calm."

I took a few deep breaths as I looked around at my surroundings once again, thinking about the mirror. I removed it from its place on the wall, expecting a secret passage way or a vent but nothing. I replaced the mirror with a disappointed sigh.

"Can I pick locks?"

"Of course, it's one of the basic instincts you were taught."

"I don't really see how that would be a normal thing to learn, but I'm not complaining."

I searched my head for any spare bobby pin. Lucky enough, there was one on the side of my head holding some hair out of my face. I took it out and put it in the lock. After a couple of tries it came undone and I was free.

"You're not free, the door is locked."

"Oh shut up. I still have the bobby pin so I can just-"

The handle started to move, meaning someone was coming in. I quickly jumped back into the bed, wrapping the cuff around my ankle to make it look like I was still chained to the bed, throwing the blankets over my legs just as the person walked in.

"Who were you talking to?" It was Black Canary, one of her eyebrows raised.

"Myself. I tend to do that a lot."

"Okay. How are you feeling?"

"Fine."

"Great. Batman wanted to speak with you in a little bit, he told me to check to make sure you didn't run away."

"Well, I'm still here. Can't exactly go anywhere when I'm chained to the bed."

She closed the door, clearly trying to hide her annoyance at my attitude. A small smirk made its way to my face as I laid back down on the bed.

"I must say, I'm not used to the pissy attitude and I know others probably don't like it, but it definitely feels good to not have to act all polite and nice while watching my manners all the time."

"You should still learn how to control your temper."

"I know, I know. But, in the meantime, who says I can't have a little fun? I've gotta enjoy it somehow considering I'm stuck."