Chapter 14 - The Challenges of Moving Forward

Start from the beginning

Al: I don't know brother, I don't know.

The rest of the night we sat together, supporting one another. Soon me and Ed fall asleep again meanwhile Al stays close, needing the comfort.

***************************************************
The next day I woke up to Ed sleeping next to me on the couch, leaning his head on my shoulder. I turn my head to see Al looking out the window. Poor Al. He can't even escape through dreams. As I try to get up and move Ed a little over, he wakes up, still looking tired.

Ed: It's already morning?

I nod, getting up from the couch. I look over to Al turning his head to us.

Me: Al are you okay?

He nods and walks over to us.

Al: Better yet are you two feeling better?

Ed: I could be better.

Me: I don't know, but staying here being depressed isn't going to help.

Al: But Mustang gave us orders.

Me: And sometimes it's healthy to break a few.

I wink and I walk out of their room and went towards mine. I soon enter and took the opportunity to have a nice long shower. As I was in there, I kept having flashbacks of Nina asking me to play a song for her and how she danced until she fell on her butt. I laughed to myself, but suddenly got depressed knowing she's dead. A tear escaped my eye, but quickly wiped it away. Nina wouldn't want us to be depressed. As I left the bathroom in my towel, I heard noises from the other room. I grabbed my bat that I just happen to have in my room, and went into the other room. When I entered, I saw Riza making herself tea.

Me: Well you just know how to welcome yourself in.

I lightly laugh as she grins back.

Riza: Do you mind if I stayed here for a bit?

Me: No not at all.

Riza: By the way aren't you suppose to be at Fullmetal's room?

Me: Maybe...

Riza: Don't worry about it. I'll let this pass.

I sigh in relief and went back into the bedroom. I changed into my work outfit and tied extra metal material into my boots. When I finish getting ready, I walk back into the other room to see Riza drinking her tea.

Riza: I'm guessing you're going to investigate who killed them.

I nodded, but then she stands up.

Riza: You know if you do that, Mustang will be furious.

Me: Ah yes I know, but I need to do this. From the little amount of time I knew Nina, she became the little sister I never had.

I turn my head to the side, looking away.

Me: It's the least I can do for her.

Riza: I see... Well if you're truly determined I might as well fill you in.

She went back into her chair and I seated myself in the other opposite side to her.

Riza: With the information we have so far, we believe the work is done by a man named Scar.

Me: Who's Scar?

Riza: Scar is a man who's been targeting State Alchemists and killing them single handed by blowing them up with Alchemy.

I gasp as suddenly I get a picture seeing of Nina blown into bits in my mind. My face becomes disgusted and terrified as she could tell by my face.