56. (MCU) Bucky Barnes - All Of You

https://itsapeterthing.tumblr.com/

pairing: bucky barnes x avenger!readerrequest: "can you please write a bucky x fem!reader where the reader comforts bucky because he thinks of his arm as a weapon and is ashamed of it but she's like 'i love every single part of you'"word count: 1.7kwarnings: bucky questioning his self worth, fearing hurting you

----

Turning to your side, you noticed the empty space beside you- the sheets pushed towards the end of the bed and the indent in the pillow still visible. You reached out your hands, feeling the empty space where your boyfriend should have been and furrowed your eyebrows.

You carefully slipped the sheets off of your figure, swinging your legs over the side of the bed. When your feet met the cold, cement floor below you, you hissed at the feeling, but almost silently made your way out of your room.

Your feet padded down the hallway to the common room of the Compound, not wanting to wake anyone else up. When you made your way to the threshold of the room you could see the soft glow of the lamp on, highlighting Bucky's features as he sat in an arm chair facing the window.

Before you could even step into the room, Bucky watched your reflection in the window and spoke, causing you to stay glued to your spot.

"Did I wake you?" He asked.

Leaning against the doorframe and watching his reflection in the window you smiled. "No, baby. Just woke up and you weren't there."

You watched as your boyfriend leaned his head on his hand, back still turned towards you as he sat in the chair. Rather than giving you an explanation for his absence he sighed.

"You should go back to bed, doll." He said.

"Come with me?" You asked, reaching out your hand for him, but rather than him standing up from his seat he shook his head.

"I... I can't."

You quirked your eyebrows, crossing the common room to stand in front of him. When he looked up at you, you could see the dark circles under his eyes and you knew he was exhausted despite denying coming back to bed with you.

"What's wrong?" You asked, reaching out your hands for his.

Without a word he took your hands in his, pulling you into his lap. As you sat comfortably in his lap, you felt his hand run up and down your back, his vibranium one gripping the arm rest beside him.

"Buck?" You asked, moving your hand to hold his face in your hand, running your thumb along his cheek. "Why won't you come back to bed? Did I... did I do something? Or..."

As soon as the words slipped out of your mouth, his hands halted their pace on your back and he snapped his head up to face you, eyes wide, shaking his head.

"No. No, doll, you could never do anything wrong." He said in a hushed voice. "I don't want you to ever think that."

Gazing at his face, you moved your hand from his cheek into his hair, running your fingers through his freshly cut strands.

"Then why did you leave?" You asked.

He could still hear the sleepiness in your voice and see the exhaustion in your eyes and he felt bad for causing you to come searching for him... but he would have felt even more awful if he stayed and something bad had happened.

"I... I don't want to hurt you." He told you, looking you in the eyes. "I don't know what I would do with myself if anything bad happened to you."

He moved his flesh hand to cup your face and watched as confusion made its way across your features.