19. (HP) James Potter - She Brings Me Spring

https://enviedear.tumblr.com/

DESCRIPTION ⌙ in which james becomes enemies with benefits with woman he thinks is entirely too much like a rainstorm.

PAIRING ⌙ james x fem!reader

WORD COUNT ⌙ 2k

-----

you were caught.

caught right in front of the man you swore you'd never speak to.

james' car is right behind your own, blocking you into the spot. his action causes you think, a little farfetched, that he truly saw you as a form of prey.

you open your car door, keys in hand, and turn to face him.

he walks closer with an accomplished smirk on his face. you desperately want to make it disappear.

"look what the wind blew in." james mocks, cool.

you give him a sarcastic grin, "it's not unlikely for me to end up at my own home."

his fingers card through his loose curls, longer now than they ever were at school, almost long enough to meet his shoulders.

"how'd you sneak away?" he asks, leaning against you car.

you narrow your eyes a little, "i didn't have to."

he hums, surprised, "sirius badgered me, but of course he wouldn't do the same to you— you're not exactly the type to badger."

"and that means what, potter?"

with a shrug he continues, "you're quite the avoidant talker is all. better than you were at school— but still very nonchalant."

he seems to notice your building annoyance, as he grins, "oh, don't be hurt. we both know how i feel about you. and i know how you feel about me."

you look away from him, still wildly annoyed, "i'm going to bed. goodnight potter."

you click your car key, locking it, and head to your backdoor. you can tell james is following behind you, but you decide to ignore him. ignoring him is what you do best.

he walks in with you, taking the keys and locking to door before placing them on the hook.

"got any juice?" he asks, breaking the silence.

you look to him, eyes incredulous, "why?"

"jus' want some," he pulls a carton of cranberry juice, "you?"

you roll your eyes, "i said i was going to bed. i don't know why you're here."

james tsks, pouring himself a glass, "bed at seven? godric, can't friends stop by your humble abode, l/n?"

you ignore him and instead walk over to your sink, ready to wash your dishes and then get to bed, early, as you do every night. routinely.

you begin to wash, silently, praying that maybe you'd calm your nerves with the chore.

james potter was attempting at a game, a conclusion you had come to in your car. however, he was doubting you wildly. you'd find no greater pleasure than besting him.

in whatever way besting him entailed.

you clean your plates, before moving onto glasses and mugs— taking the half done glass of juice from james and pouring it out.

"i wasn't done." he glares, situating himself behind you.

you roll your eyes and continue.

james leans into you, his arms on either side of you, pushing closer into you. you continue with your scrubbing, an attempt to make him sweat.