51. (MCU) Peter Parker - Last Breath

En başından başla

You told yourself you'd be fine. For the most part you were. You could handle yourself and you had a good grip on your powers. You covered others and they did the same for you in return.

You had always heard that no matter how good things were going, it could change in a blink of an eye. One moment you could be kicking ass and the next you could be dead. You thought you knew better. You thought that you had everything covered, but you were so focused on the creatures in front of you, you didn't even hear the one behind you until you felt the blade go through your abdomen.

It happened so quickly you could barely even process it. As soon as the blade went through you, you heard gun shots and the creature behind you and all those in front of you drop. You didn't even notice, only moving your shaking hands to your abdomen, feeling the area and pulling them away to see your hands covered in blood.

The next thing you knew Natasha was at your side, noticing your wound and turning back to face you.

"Y/n, listen to me, it's going to be okay." She said frantically. You know she meant well but the way she lost her cool let you know that this was definitely not a good situation.

The sharp pain running through you made you lose your balance and collapse into her arms. You heard her speak into the ear piece, telling the others that you were injured and needed to get help ASAP. She continued to try to keep you awake and to assure you that everything would be fine but all you could do was cry back frantically that you weren't ready to go.

When you began to feel light headed, you heard footsteps and without looking up you knew it was Tony.

Seeing you in your current state, he cursed to himself and looked at Nat. "The kid is going to kill me."

You know he meant Peter.

"We have to get her out of here. The blade staying in there helped, but there's only so much longer she can go without a hospital." Nat said.

You felt Tony kneel besides you, still leaning into Nat's arms. "C'mon, let's go."

You could barely even pay attention to what was going on around you, just thinking about how you could die any second. It happened so quick. Before he could pick you up, coughing up blood and struggling to speak you told him. "I told Peter this morning that if he died, I'd kill him myself." You laughed. "It's ironic now that I think about it. He told me not to come. He was right... and so were you."

Picking you up, to rush you to the hospital, he asked, "Right about what exactly?"

"It feels so stupid now," You spoke, feeling more blood drip down your chin. "I should have just told him. You were right. I do love him." Beginning to feel lightheaded again and struggling to breathe, you told him: "If I die, be gentle with him... okay, Mr. Sta-"

——————–

Peter couldn't sit still in bed, knowing you were out there fighting and he wasn't there to protect you. Not being able to put his mind or body to rest, he threw off the covers and began climbing out of bed. Sure, he had a difficult time balancing at first and was walking with a bit of a limp, but he could handle it.

Walking out of his room and into the hallway, he heard muffled voices coming from the room, meaning that at least some of the team had made it back home.

Eager to see you, he stumbled quickly into the main room only to be met with Steve and Natasha. Taken by surprise he attempted to stand up straighter, leaning against a wall for help.

"Mr. Captain America sir," Peter spoke nervously, still intimidated by the man in front of him, despite the many times he fought alongside him.

Both him and Natasha had grim looks on their faces as he attempted to peek around them in hopes of seeing you or Mr. Stark come in behind them.