Dinner For Two

The rest of the week passes by quickly. Asher has Fey Thursday and Friday, so after work on Friday I stop by the store to grab myself some ingredients to make dinner. I wander the isles trying to figure out what I want in the first place, pasta? No. Pizza? No, steak? Maybe. I grab a salad because that's a definite regardless of what I choose. I'm standing in the meat isle staring at all of the different cuts of steak, trying to find a good one on sale.

"Saylor" a deep voice calls from behind me and I turn around to see glacier blue eyes.

"Hey, fancy running into you" I say like a total dork and he smiles.

"Trying to get some dinner ideas?" I nod.

"More like trying to get inspired but it's hard" he walks past me and looks at all the steaks.

"Dinner for... one?" I nod sheepishly.

"What if I made dinner for both of us?" My heart starts to race.

"You don't have to, it's a Friday night. You probably have plans" I nervously tuck a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Actually Jack is with his mom and I was doing the same thing as you were. I wouldn't mind some company if you're up for it?"

"I would love it" he scans the steaks and grabs a ribeye.

We end up walking up and down the isles together piecing together what we want as side dishes and I insist on making us dessert as a thank you. So before we head to the cash register, I grab a container of cinnamon rolls to make. We walk together to check out and he buys everything regardless of my protests.

"My place or yours?" I ask as we walk out of the store.

"Let's do yours, so you won't have to drive late" his eyes sparkle as I look into them and it causes my stomach to do summersaults.

Charming and chivalrous what a combination I think to myself "I'll text you my address" he smiles and we part ways.

When I get to my car I send him a quick text and then hurry home to pick things up before he gets there. I zoom through Brooklyn and make it home in record time. I clean up Fey's toys and make everything look tidy and neat. I change into leggings with a loose flannel and toss my hair into a messy bun. I spray a little perfume, fix my makeup and add some lip gloss.

Shortly after there's a knock at the door and I let him in "Hey" I say and he steps inside with his hands full.

I take a bag and lead him into the kitchen "I stopped for some wine and beer if that's okay?"

"Of course it is, here I'll put the beer in the fridge" I hand him a bottle and put the rest inside the fridge.

Then I open one of the bottles of wine and pour myself a glass. I show him around the kitchen, where all of the pots, pans, plates and spices are. I play some light music on the TV and light a couple candles as he takes out all of the things he needs. He takes his jacket off and I take it, setting it on the back of my stool.

I stare at him in his black shirt and examine the tattoos covering both of his arms. I notice his muscles as he moves his arms around grabbing pans and opening packages. He's gorgeous, absolutely mind boggling kinda of handsome. I sip my wine and stare at him in complete awe as he seasons the steak and tosses them on the iron skillet.

He chops vegetables and skin's potatoes, I never knew watching a man in the kitchen could be so... so sexy. A new turn on that I'm mentally adding to my list. He looks so serious as he chops and cuts, "Thank you for this" I say and his face softens as he looks at me.

"It's my pleasure, it's not all the time I get to show off my cooking skills to a beautiful girl" my cheeks flush.

"Kitchen savvy and charming... brownie points for you" I say playfully and he smirks.