Hockey Games

Fey and I are at Asher's last hockey game of the season. If they win this they go into the finals and stand a chance to make it to the championship. The game is tense, you can feel the pressure radiating off both the ice and crowd. The game has been back and forth since the beginning. We score, they score and I can see the stress on Asher's face; he's frustrated.

Fey is cheering and enjoying her hot coco and I'm sending videos to Kallan and Asher's mom. There's a group of girl's behind me, around my age and they are most definitely puck bunnies. I hear them gossiping about each player but nothing of importance, until one of them says Asher's name.

I can't tell if it purposeful since I'm wearing his jersey and they can clearly see that. My back immediately stiffens but I try to play dumb and not give them the reaction they are fishing for. They go on and on about how hot is which is fair, because well he is. But what makes my heart stop is one of them is talking about the last time she slept with him.

I try to do the math in my head and he and I had been official for a couple months around the time she's talking about. I look down at Fey and smile, but it's forced and doesn't meet my eyes. My heart starts to race as I force myself not to turn around and and smack this girl across the face.

Why should I believe a word she says? She can easily be lying to get a rise out of me. But that evil little voice of doubt creeps out and takes over all rational thoughts reminding me how he's done it before. Part of me wants to take Fey and run out of the stadium but that's not fair to her, she won't understand.

I hear them giggle and go on and on about his size and how amazing he was in bed. How she plans on reaching out to him after this game to see if he wants to celebrate and have another 'wild night' together. I bite my tongue and clench my fists at my side. But I keep telling myself not to give in to her.

But they start talking about Fey and all my restraint vanishes, I quickly turn around and practically growl at the three of them "Mention my daughter one more time and I will wipe those smug looks off each of your faces" I say calm and very cold.

Their stunned and roll their eyes in annoyance but they change the subject and talk about other unimportant things. I take deep breaths and when the buzzer goes off and the guys win, I grab my things and Fey and rush out into the lobby. I hold her while we wait for Asher to come out of the locker room.

Eventually the doors open and everyone claps and cheers as they start filing out. I see Asher he's talking to one of his teammates with a big grin, all freshly showered, looking absolutely delicious. He scans the room and we lock eyes, his face lights up as he waves to Fey who calls out for him "Daddy! Daddy!" He makes his way over but those three girl's stop him.

The surprise and utter horror on his face only makes that doubt in me, sink in more and more. I watch the interaction and see how uninterested he is but that can also be because he knows I'm standing right here with Fey. He breaks free from them rushes over to us "My girls" he says as he kisses my cheek and pulls Fey out of my arms.

"Dadda you played sooooo goods!" She says and kisses his face"

"Only because you and your mama were watching sweet princess. You're my good luck charms, he says while staring at me and notices the worry in my eyes.

"Let's go?" I say and nod towards the door.

He holds her the entire walk to our car. He buckles her into her carseat and I hop into the passenger side. The second he turns on the engine and the music starts playing, the tension grows between us. I stare at the window the whole way home even though I suggested going out for dinner, he said we can order in.

I feel his hand reach over to my thigh and he lightly squeezes. I look over and meet his blue eyes, I see the panic and worry on his face but I don't say anything about it. I turn my seat heater up and rest my forehead against the cold glass. I hate the thoughts swarming around in my mind and the anxiety in the pit of my stomach. My heart aches at the thought of him sleeping with someone else.