The First Appointment

Greyson and I are sitting hand in hand in the waiting room, waiting for the nurse to call us back. The room is full of pregnant women and mom's with their infants. My anxiety is high but the comfort of Grey sitting next to me helps to ease my racing heart.

"Saylor Stone" I jump up when my name is called and we both follow the nurse down a long hallway to another room.

She asks me questions, takes my vitals and weighs me. Then she exits and we both sit and wait for the doctor to come in. I stare at the door as the clock ticks and my heart rate starts to speed up, it's like he knows because all of a sudden I feel his hand gently rubbing my lower back.

I look over and smile at him, right as the door opens and the doctor walks in "Saylor, it's nice to meet you. I'm doctor Cartwright" she reaches out and I shake her hand.

"It's nice to meet you too" I say with a nervous smile.

"And who's this?" She asks looking at Greyson.

"My boyfriend, Greyson" she shakes his hand as well.

"It's nice to meet you too...let's see all of your vitals and everything look good. So what brought you in today?"

"Well... I took two at home pregnancy tests that both came back positive and I wanted to make sure of it" her grey eyes light up.

"Okay, let me speak to the nurse and we can go ahead and get a ultra sound" I nod as she steps outside and Greyson holds onto my hand.

Minutes later the nurse comes back wheeling in the ultra sound machine. Greyson sits back in the chair as I lay back and they adjust the one I'm on. The doctor comes back in and puts on gloves, then they lift my shirt up and smear some cold gel on the lower part of my stomach.

The nurse turns the machine on and the doctor grabs the handle and starts rubbing it along my uterus slowly. We all look over at the screen and when she smiles I know in that moment she found a heart beat.

"Well Saylor it looks like those tests are correct you are pregnant. It looks like you're about nine weeks give or take. See right here..." she points to the screen "Is the heartbeat, congratulations"

Both of our eyes widen as we watch the little beans heart beat rapidly. The nurse cleans off my stomach and I pull my shirts down and sit up. We go over prenatal vitamins, appointments and parenting classes for first time parents. She offers to talk to me about other solutions but I quickly shut her down.

We walk out of the building speechless, he interlocks my fingers and kisses the top of my hand "So we're having a baby" he nervously says and I stop.

I look up into his eyes "We are, but Grey I will give you an out right now. If you don't want to do this I will not make you, you can go live your life and I will do it myself" confusion takes over.

"Saylor I'm not going anywhere. This is our baby and I'm in it for the long run for better or worse" he sneakily puts in there and I smile.

"Okay we're doing this" he pulls me in for a beautifully, passionate kiss.

Then we walk to the car and head out to grab a bite to eat. My mind is racing with thoughts about telling all our friends and our families but one thing at a time, is what I keep telling myself. I forgot that she said I'm nine weeks along which means it happened on Halloween when we made up. I've been drinking, but she said the baby is healthy so I'm not going to worry myself with that.

We pull into the parking lot if the diner "Oh I forgot to tell you because of well...everything. But I met Ava on Monday. I ran into her and Asher so he introduced us"