Baby Talk

"A boy, come on Say" Asher is acting like a child right now, fallowing me around the kitchen trying to talk me into having another baby with him.

"You're insane" I say as he grabs me by the waist and pulls me into his hard chest.

"I am but you love it" there it is that word again, he said it to me a month go as he gazed into my eyes and told me that he wanted to spend forever with Fey and I.

I didn't say it back, I wanted to but couldn't form the words on my lips because the fear in the back of my mind that's always lingering. It's always waiting to laugh and taunt me when I think things are going well. It's been over eight months since Asher and I have officially been together and it hasn't been easy.

Between his busy hockey season and my brand new promotion to Chief Editor, we've both been so busy. And then there's Fey, all our free time is devoted to her, we haven't had a date night or time for just the two of us since he told me he loved me. I know he's said it before, but this time was so different. Because we're different, we're not in college anymore so those words hold a different, stronger meaning behind them.

We've made it all work though, and now it's a Saturday morning his first one without practice or a game in weeks. Fey's eating strawberry pancakes and watching Lion King while I fight Ash off me so I can clean up our messy kitchen.

"I do... love you. I love you Asher" I say looking deep into his blue eyes. The words practically fall off my lips and his widen in both shock and happiness.

This is the first time I've ever said this to him, and I mean it with every inch of my being "You do?" He asks breathlessly.

I nod "I do" and stand on my tip toes, kissing his perfect pink lips.

He picks me up and spins me around as I swat at him to stop "Then have another baby with me... a boy to be precise" I see the humor dancing in his eyes.

He sets me down and I push off his chest "You're ridiculous and we're both so busy. I have this promotion which has only increased my work and you're only half way through the season"

He sits at a stool at the counter "We'll have nine months to prepare" is his only defense.

"Let's talk about this later" he sighs and sips on his coffee.

I start putting all of the ingredients away and doing the dishes. Asher cleans off Fey and then they cuddle on the couch and finish her movie. I walk into my bathroom and run myself a hot shower. I shave my entire body and deep condition my hair. When I'm done I get ready for the day and Asher bathes Fey and then gets himself ready.

Our plan is to go down town. Walk around, get lunch and go to the park since that's Fey's favorite place in the world. I'm in the living room tying Fey's laces to her adorable baby blue converse when Asher walks out and my jaw nearly drops. He comes out with a backwards baseball hat, a white RVCA shirt that clings to his muscular body and tan pants with vans. It's so simple, yet he looks like a model.

He smirks when he sees me practically drooling and he lightly smacks my ass and whispers "Later baby" which causes my entire body to shudder. Fey hops off the couch as I go to the closet for her stroller. We get her strapped in and then head out. It's a beautiful day, blue skies and not a cloud in sight.

The city is booming as usual, cars buzzing by and people walking out and about. There's something about the fast paced life that I absolutely love, it's addicting. I finally understand the saying "A city that never sleeps" because there is always so much going on. We walk and talk about everything under the sun and stop at Starbucks for a coffee.

I get Fey a hot coco and we continue our walk "The barista was into you" I say playfully to Ash.

He laughs "I didn't notice" he kisses my cheek and I swoon.