EPILOGUE

Alejandro Javier Montecillo

Growing up with a sibling, parating mayroon akong kahati. Everything must be even or else we would fight all the time.

I admit, I was greedy of everything. I was the black sheep in our family and even if my parents won't admit I always know that they favor my brother more than I do.

He would get everything he wanted as long as he asked our parents but I have this stupid mindset that I could also get whatever I want... Without their help.

I was indeed prideful, I don't want anyone helping me even if I'm already struggling.

"Do you need help?" my brother asked as he saw me opening a jar of candy.

"Nope, I can do it on my own." I said rudely.

"But you're hurting." he walked near me and tried taking the jar away from me but I pushed him making him fall on the tiled floor.

"I told you I can do it!" I shouted angrily at him.

Pain was visible in his eyes but I didn't care.

He stood up and walked away, going inside Daddy's office.

I tried opening the jar once more but it was so difficult. My palm started to hurt because of the tight grip I was doing.

"Why can't you just open?!" I shouted angrily as my patience was running thin.

"You need help?" A soft feminine voice asked. I turned my gaze up and realized it was my mommy.

I looked down shyly, I don't like people seeing me struggle with something. I always like them seeing me as a strong boy.

"No." I said nonchalantly as I kept on trying to open the jar.

"Silly, ofcourse you need help." she chuckled and took the jar from me.

I really didn't want to gave it to her but she took it anyways. With one single turn the jar opened in an instant.

"Which flavor do you want?" she asked.

"I want them all!" I told her then my lips portruted.

She sighed. "Honey, you can't have them all, usapan natin na you will share this with your Kuya." she explained.

My brows furrowed. But I want them all. I was the one who pick that from the grocery store. It's mine.

"But I want it." I insisted.

"No." she took one candy "Here, you can have the blue one while Kuya Joaquin gets the green one" she said as she gave me one piece of candy.

I stared at the candy as my mom proceeded to place the jar back on where was it earlier. I opened the candy and ate it. I waited as it dissolved in my tongue until I can't taste it anymore.

I stared at the Jar, my eyes sparkled as I also wanted to try the other flavor... The green apple one.

I took the jar and tried opening it again but I was struggling just like before. Why do they need to shut this up tightly?

My patience was running paper thin and so I stood up and smashed the glass jar on the floor. Small fragments of glass scattered and the sound of the glass breaking echoed in our living room

"It's open!" I exclaimed happily as I stared at the broken jar as well as the scattered candies.

I grabbed one candy but I instantly dropped it when I felt a sharp pain on one of my fingers.