𝖛𝖎𝖎 | 𝔞𝔠𝔱𝔢 𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔦𝔰: 𝔰𝔠𝔢𝔫𝔢 𝔰𝔢𝔭𝔱

Start from the beginning

"I just want him to be okay again," she wept.

"He will. You can help him get there, but for you to be the sole reason he gets better isn't ideal." Samar responded. "Here's what you need to do. You're going to take him to the mental hospital he previously stayed at. Kian told me his stay there wasn't so bad, so he'll most likely go voluntarily. The staff will take it from there. Remember, Madison, your mental health is just as important. Reach out if you need anything."

"Thank you, Dr. Jamil," Madison replied before ending the call. She gazed at Kian's tear-stained cheeks and the stress lines etched on his face.

She wouldn't wish the torment of mental illness on anybody. Having experienced it herself and now having to witness Kian battle with his own troubled her tremendously.

Dialing the one person she had in mind, she waited for the call to go through. "Hey, Mads, what's up?" Dominic answered.

"Kian just attempted. I need your help to carry him to the car. He's knocked out right now."

"Hold on. Kian did what now? Are you serious?"

"I'm deadly serious. His friends are busy with the whole Twitter situation, and you're the only one I can think of. I just sent you our location. How fast can you make it out here?"

"I'll be there in ten." He rushed out.

Just as he said, Dominic came barreling down the street with a duffle bag packed with clothes, Kian's favorite books, and all his prescribed medication. He scooped Kian up and placed him in the backseat of Madison's rented Range Rover.

After a short-lived silence, Dominic looked over at Madison, who was fiddling with the rings on her fingers. "I'm sorry about what happened two weeks ago. I shouldn't have caused a scene."

Though Madison could hear the sincerity of Dominic's words, it was difficult to believe it when his face was as blank as a sheet of paper and his voice still brooding and deep.

It fascinated her how differently both the brothers reacted to their upbringing. Kian was more open despite being tortured by his dad. He was always eager to make new friends and meet new people. He appeared to be candid about everything except his mental health. Dominic was more reserved and isolated, keeping only a small group of close friends and only trusting people once they earned that trust.

She couldn't help but wonder how things would have unfolded if Kian had adopted his brother's outlook on life.

"Do you have any advice?" Dominic suddenly asked, raising an eyebrow from Madison. "Kian told me your parents divorced when you were young. Even though my dad's a piece of crap, it still hurts, you know?"

"It was different for me because I was only seven years old when my parents divorced. I didn't know much, but I did know that my parents weren't compatible, and it made sense for them to be apart. For you, it's another story. You know everything about your parents now that Kian exposed what your dad did all those years ago. The good, the bad, and the ugly. The way it ended is tragic. Having been cheated on before, I know it's one of the worst feelings ever. Check in with your mom and make sure she's doing okay. Even if you can't handle being with your dad, make sure somebody is checking up on him, too. He could be hurting too."

Dominic knew many things, but he could never comprehend the depths of Madison's kind heart. He'd seen how Riker spouted sexist things to Madison's face, yet she still harbored a meager sympathy for the man.

"Things are going to be different, but it looks like the split needed to happen if your dad is a dishonest partner. There will be changes, but you don't seem like the type to be afraid of changes. You packed up and moved to Houston by yourself. The first few months will be rocky, but it will even out, eventually."