-Perhaps there's no one inside.-he said after repeatedly knocking a few times with no answer.

-There is.-opposed the Demon knocking at the door harder. The door moved a bit from the hard punch and from the crack a young fine face greeted them. Seeing the woman he immediately pulled her to him causing another outburst. Slamming the door behind her was a bit cruel but helped. It explained the pitiful state of the door which the man was currently leaning against.

-I'm really sorry for my wife. Please don't blame her !-he said immediately with his head bowed.-She's not aware of what she's doing. It's not her ! She's possessed !

-Evil spirit ?-Demon's ears twitched keenly. From Byakko's perspective it was something between ridicule and curiosity.

-Not simple one at that !-the young man brightened and the sudden discovery.-Pardon me, are you perhaps... a priest ?!-he jumped in front of Byakko gripping his hand and shaking it madly. Both well-ghost and the Demon glared at him darkly.

-Please ! Please, Daozhang ! Get rid of that evil spirit in my Luo ! I, I have money. I will give you, I... a-all of it !-his eyes were shining with determination and pure admiration towards Byakko.

-Why would he ? They all say she's simply mad.-well-ghost got rid of the unpleasant hands.-There's no such a case where ghost causes something of this sort.

-I-It's truth ! I'm telling you ! That's the doing of an evil spirit ! I'm sure i-it wants revenge on her !-he was so taken by emotions that he was stammering. The sparks of hope filled his eyes. He buried his hope a long time ago and now the old desire returned. Shi Shuan couldn't bear to shove that hope in the mud.

-Could you tell us the details, please ?

-There he goes again...-well-ghost voiced both his and Demon's thoughts and rolled his eyes.

----------

-She was 12. She lived near so we liked to hang out together. She was like a sunshine. Happy and loving. The one she loved the most was her older brother as he was the only family left. Jiang Meng was the complete opposite. Uncaring egoist. I hated him. He always got himself in trouble and had Luo smooth things out. But shamefully he had an enormous spiritual talent. The spirits liked to follow him around. The village was full of them. It was scary to walk alone at night. Then he left for a better job at the city. We got married and even became parents. But one time the boy didn't come back. I told her to wait till dawn. She wanted to go search for him now. So I went. But no sooner I closed the door she sneaked out too. It was foggy like a dream but it turned into a horror soon when I heard a piercing scream. The scream of my beloved Luo.
I run with wild pounding heart. I found her. In a pool of blood. The sound of sobbing and crunching is still vivid in my ears. I was terrified, I couldn't last and vomited at the sight of my own wife eating our child.

Shi Shuan wanted to vomit too. He would have never thought of it. She wanted to save her child. She ate it. He clenched his hands into fists under the sleeves.

,,She was like a sunshine...''

-The villagers are unaware. And please let it stay that way. They would chase her away or kill her.

-Well, the fact that she killed her own child does not exclude madness.-Shen Yuan still had the guts to say something like that...

-NO ! She would never kill ! I know her !

-,,I know her'' or ,,I knew her'' ?

He choked. Byakko patted his shoulder lightly. The situation was certainly not nice. He got himself into some real sh*t. But he already said he will help him.

-What was your son's name ?-he asked quietly.

-Gong...-he fell in a daze for a while.-That's how Luo named him...

---------

Characters :

Shi Shuan - 22 years old. Long blond hair, silver eyes, gentle and friendly features. He wears simple white robe with some golden patterns and golden belt and the waist.

Shen Yuan - 25 years old. Long jet black hair tied in a net high ponytail, piercing blue eyes, sharp defined jaw line, foreign and mature. He wears richer clothing. Always neatly fixed black-blue outer robe and white inner robe with hidden pockets. He has everything in those.

Well-ghost - blue flame ball, in human form -dark brown hair, pitch black eyes. He wears white simple shirt and knees-lengthened pants. He looks like teenager but is actually really old.

Priest Ming - 29 years old. Really long white hair tied in a bun, cat-like green eyes, he's young but great responsibility and problems wore him down; so he looks maturer. He wears light blue ceremonial robe with rich plant patterns.