41.A Collector

When the god finally stoped he felt as if centuries passed from the last time his legs touched the ground. His whole body was sore from the ride so he tried to move around a little and obstruct that hair from blocking his view.

-Small break.-announced the man not bothering to look back. Was he really that confident to not even glance ? Well, that's a good sign.

They were surrounded by the dark forest from each side. If not for him paying close attention he wouldn't be able to tell which direction did they come from. The forest melody was only repeatedly broken by the man's steps and after a while cracking of fire.

Shi Shuan happily returned to his own affairs and took the dagger out. But not for attacking now. He don't want to die under those dog's teeth. Firstly, hands.

But that damned ribbon didn't want to let go no matter what ! How is it possible that the material this thin was able to spot a sharp blade ?! Infuriated he pressed it harder afraid that the man will turn back at any moment. Come on ! But finally he shove back the knife swiftly. It was his only tool for now. He can't lose it.

-How long are ya' going to pretend to be a tree ? Camman' here !-the man glared behind with the kind of look ,,you want to die ?'' so the next second Shi Shuan sat down by the fireplace observing carefully. Nothing unusual, just making some animal into eatable dish. Wait. When did he got that animal ?! Was he trying to free his hands this long that he had gone hunting ? Impossible. After a while he figured it out seeing the dog's bloody mouth. Really terrifying beast.

He coughed dryly. He didn't speak a word for half a day but he felt as if it were months. But he wanted to kill time talking to his kidnapper. But the problem was the subject.

,,Hey, haw was your day ? My was horribly bad !''

,,What about your family ? Do they know about your work ? And by the way your dog looks like killing machine.''

,,Can you set me free ? You can't even imagine how my hands hurts.''

Every sentence sounded terrible. He could have played some games. There certainly would be some kidnapping plot !

-If ya' wanna ask me then speak now, hurry up.-he said slicing that animal. Lungs, stomach, one eye. He was able to determine only those seeing that jelly-like meat pieces. Now the awful smell of those entered his nose. If someone didn't became a vegetarian after witnessing it then he's worthy to be called a legend. He swallowed.

-Who...Who are you ?-he started straight moving far away from those insides. The man stopped to look at him.

-A collector.-he said and then hopped another pice of flesh.

,,Wow man, what a talkative persona you are''-he thought and then realised that it sounded a bit like well-ghost comment and sighed.

-Maybe more like a hunter ?-he added after a while.-I much more prefer killing than torturing my prey.

-What are you hunting ?-Byakko uneasily looked aside to the deep dark wilderness.

-It was supposed to be short.-he cut off.

After some time he waved before his face with baked meat. But despite being terribly hungry he couldn't bring himself to eat that looking a the dog as the dog tore the leftovers splashing salvia near.

Byakko couldn't stand it and got up. He was close to vomiting supporting himself on a tree. So f*cking weak and delicate ! Like a princess. The fate was really funny. He heard a faint noise inside the forest. Familiar shout... wasn't it well-ghost's voice ?!

He froze and listened. There was another, it was this Demon's. His eyes flared up. A chance to escape.

Not turning his head he threw a last glance at the man who was wholeheartedly focused on eating. He sighed and silently jumped inside the bushes.

-HEY !!!-he shouted hoping for the two to hear him. Be heard the man's footsteps close behind him, loud barking of that beast, his own rushed breathing. Did you f*cking heard it ?!

He run in the direction he heard the shouts from. He stormed on the clear filed and froze panting heavily. No one. Did he misheard ?

He shivered. But he definitely heard !

____________
Please
Gimme ⭐️STARS⭐️