12.A pact with the devil

Arc 2 Paths are bound

When he slid his eyes half-open, the world out there was covered with a thick veil of fog. He barley felt that he was moving up and down at a steady place, as fuzzy colours passed by. The shining, probably gold coloured blurry thing above his head was rhythmically dangling and jingling before his face. He squinted his eyes, awaiting for his vision to clear and stretched his hand to stop the object itching his nerves.

His fingers gently clasped the round item.

'Finally some peace.' He sighed softly and closed his eyes.

But they cracked open when he felt his motion halt. He stared as the white blur above his head without blinking, hoping for his vision to focus.

The white blur was actually a face, a really beautiful one at that. Finely defined jawline, full lips and straight dark eyebrows going against flawlessly white skin. The only segment that rotted the perfect and soft facial features were those two narrowed arctic eyes fixated on his own, like a snowdrop peeking from underneath the snow.

He froze. Now he recalled.

When the stranger looked at his face Shi Shuan panicked, immediately shut his eyes and feigned sleeping.

The man : '...'

'I already know you're awake???'

His act was ridiculous, moreover he still got his paw on the tingling knick-knack. Two clear gold rings hang on a thin chain circled the man's neck. The trinket was rather bizarre, suited for a pair of lovebirds.

After a moment of consternation the man moved forward again. Only then did Shi Shuan notice the position he was in. He was effortlessly carried in the man's steady arms. He didn't take that in before as he was comfortable, but now he was aware and felt uneasier with passing time. He finally couldn't bear this dishonour.

'Put me down.' He said annoyed.

'No,' A single cold word.

He started struggling to get down on his own. He put one his arm around the man's arm and lifted himself upwards. The other hand he put on the man's chest.

'Hiss' He sucked in a cold air.

Right. His left hand was broken.

He slumped back down and didn't mooch more as with every slightest movement his hand send him pain.

'Leave me. I won't show before you ever again.' He looked at his face.

Another 'No'.

'It's your fault for being here.' The man didn't even look at him, as he simply continued forward.

Shi Shuan sighed and closed his eyes dejected.

He was gently put on the sofa when they angered a room. He felt relieved that there was the distance. The man settled opposite to him, nonchalantly crossed his legs and put his hands on the rest.

'I want you to help me.' The man said.

'No.' Shi Shuan didn't even take time to refute.

The man brow twitched, 'You don't even know what I want to ask for.'

'Still I say NO.' Shi Shuan crossed his hands with a cool smile.

'You addle-brain! Agree, otherwise he will kill you without battling at eyelid! He's a callous demon!' Well's ghost ringed inside his head.

'Why don't you listen to me what the contract is about first and then-' The man tried again.

'NO.' Shi Shuan cut in.