50.Pity

The sun lazily peeked from behind the horizon. Whole night of traveling made Shi Shuan look like a zombie. His eyes half closed, back bent under the weight of his own body and legs sluggish with every step. Well-ghost and Shen Yuan were much better and just observed him silently. The Demon's body was much sturdier and lighter that that of a human, as he was half-ghost. He didn't fear walking ever running all day long shouldn't be a problem. The Flame won't get tired as long as he had spiritual energy and he didn't need to sleep.

-Let's stop in the nearest town.-he said quietly so Byakko wouldn't hear as he kept up with the Demon charging in front.-Byakko will fall asleep while standing in a while.

As if asked to Byakko yawned and nearly fell stumbling on his own foot.

-That will be the only town on the road so we better to rest a bit.-he announced louder.

The voice was emotionless like always but Byakko knew he was still angry. He didn't even look back at him.

-What about you ? Are you tired ?-Shi Shuan asked and as he expected the other didn't face him and just answered with incomprehensible sound which could be yes as well as no and kept silent.

Shi Shuan sighed tiredly.

-If you can't go on, don't force yourself and give me your body.-said well-ghost walking next to him.-Even if your body will be more tired it will get stronger and your mind could rest.

He squished tired smile as a proof and firmly refused. He would gladly never let him enter his mind now that he saw all that inside. Plus he was super tired so something could slip away and make a big mess. Specially after he turned memories of the conversation and his past life over and over again trying to figure out how much does he know. Shi Shuan was a rather sentimental person so every memory was caressed and replayed for a while before he would leave it. The worst problem were the thoughts about Shen Yuan. They endlessly evolved. Now he sometimes saw him as a rebelled teenage like himself back when he was younger. He found his small version and the Demon incredibly similar. Back then he always thought ,,let it be'' no matter what happened but held inside a huge resentment towards the world. He resented people. His mom. Dad. Beloved sister. But it was easier than miss them after the divorce. He would never say it out loud. The difference was that Shen Yuan plucked up the courage to say it. His soul loudly and clearly yelled ,,I will change it !'' as this cold and determined fire lighted up his eyes every time. He looked like dead outside but his spirit was more than alive. It's nearly impossible for the Demon  to have same problems as him but he found him like a mirror of his own emotions. Something pulled him down and he tried to make it go away too. He could not stop himself from showing some empathy.

-Shen Yuan.-he used a gentle voice as if calming a ruffled cat.-What I asked about was improper. I've got carried away, don't take it to heart, please.-he forced every word out in quiet and warm voice. He was talking carefully as if to a child. That's the only way he would listen. People who's emotions are like rough sea are more delicate and insecure. If a kid would be hurt and crying you won't tell him to shut up and scram because it's irritating.

Only when the Demon responded with aggression did he realise his mistake. With this cold and murderous aura of his he didn't even thought he could have emotions too.

-Are you done ?-Shen Yuan said wryly. He didn't seem to care.

-No, one more thing.-he yanked him back and moved in front of him so that he was forced to met his eyes. He kept a straight face but his eyes betrayed that he was knocked sideways and only curiosity allowed him to not do anything. Shi Shuan smiled seeing this.

-Thank you. That's the second time you saved my life.

-Save your word for later. It's not something you must tell be about.

Well-ghost only rolled his eyes. They were really close to the town and soon stoped the conversation diving into a forest of buildings.

-A room for two.-said Shen Yuan putting the money on the desk with loud clang. The woman was startled awake with the sound and her soul nearly left her body when her gaze landed on certain someone with murderous aura. She looked at them like they were nuts. Who would come to an inn when the sun barley came out ? At once she became more awake. They must be bandits ! She felt that gaze piercing her face like daggers.

-R-room eight.-she forced herself to do business.

-You should take care of your face.-ridiculed well-ghost.-She nearly screamed when she saw you.

-Doesn't matter.

-Why ? If you would look like a gangster then that bearable but with the face like this ? Tsk what a waste !-he sighed to line his acting.-I suppose you've never had a girlfriend ?

Silence.

Well-ghost laughed until his legs nearly gave out.

Shi Shuan left them behind fir the bed that was welcoming him to sweet sleep. He didn't even take off his shoes as he fell on the bed and didn't move an inch from then falling deeply asleep.

-WATCH YOUR MOUTH !-yelled annoyed demon. The Flame who was overjoyed to get some reaction would never miss this opportunity. Piercing this demon with tenterhooks was the most entertaining thing he has ever done !

-Ah... I understand. Who would want you ? Stone-faced killing machine isn't a material for husband. PERFECT EXAMPLE OF WHAT YOU SHOULDN'T DO WITH YOUR LIFE !

-Dear guests, please don't fight !-the woman was so scared that her voice trembled. Feeling sorry for her the Demon suppressed his anger and like a dark cloud followed well-ghost to their room.

Well-ghost immediately made himself at home on the second bed. He smirked.

-Have a good sleep !

Veins poped on the Demon's forehead and the rain poured from this dark cloud. He will be forced to share a bed with the god. Shi Shuan laid on the bed like and octopus and there wasn't enough place left for him.

Well-ghost chuckled at his lose.

-Go ahead and rest.-he nagged.

That was another from countless times Shen Yuan regretted keeping this spirit alive. He should be playing with his cut-off-head and now ? Oh, god ! He should have just killed him and told Byakko some made up story about tragic death of this blue motherf*cker.

He turned around and quietly sat down supporting his back on the wall and closed his eyes. He don't need that much sleep so this will be enough to rest.

Before he closed his eyes he caught a glimpse of well-ghost's wry smile which said ,,victory''. This freaking nerve-wrecking smile of his got just wider with the passage of time. He changed his mind. He stood up and walked to the bed laying on the small part left.

-Disgusting.-said well-ghost turning his back to face them. This small victory left the Demon overjoyed and at ease so he fell asleep really quickly.