10.Attacked, soldier and zombie

Arc 2 Paths are bound

'What you heard was merely a prayer.' Shi Shuan didn't give up on explaining himself, 'As you can see I'm alone, and a honest conversation with a god makes the long journey brighter.'

He was guided, or rather forced to follow the group of three to who knows where. They weren't talkative and weren't all ears neither.

'Firm soldiers.'

'Priest,' The first one unexpectedly spoke up startling Shi Shuan, 'You know how to cast spells ?'

'Ah ? Yes.' He said quickly. That was the first time they initiated the interaction.

He waited for further questions, but sadly they never came.

The man, the one who put the knife to his throat earlier, was firmly holding onto his arm, even crushing it, but Shi Shuan didn't want to cause more trouble for himself so he could only twist his hand unnaturally as he walked.

'C'mon ! Get your shit together and burn that disgusting hand !' Well's ghost voice ringed close by.

Shi Shuan mind showed him the murderer he had burnt. The charred black chips left from the skin and the nauseous stench of burnt human flesh flashed. He flinched.

He put his mind and heart into faithfully following after the dwarfish guy in front. If there were soldiers, then the other teammates must be on stand by nearby. He didn't wish for a bad relationship with any governor's organisation. He didn't want to be killed, nor uncovered.'

Just as the forest was getting denser, a camp showed before his eyes. But it looked somehow... shabby. Maybe he was to used to American movies, full of tanks, masses of identical soldiers and high security. This set up looked nothing alike. It resembled scouts camping place, only with galore of daggers, long swords and bows neatly grouped here and there.

Eight tents were set in circle with one, smaller than the others in the bullseye. They approached the one in the middle.

Shi Shuan could hear voice coming from the inside.

'They won't send us another squad ?!' An irked, deep voice said, 'Is that a joke ?! How are we supposed to... we are black on people ! Three would be too little let alone one ! What are they playing at ?' A deep sigh, 'Ahh... at this rate I'll go bald. Rooster, split into two teams. Involving with an enemy prohibited. You are dismissed.'

'YES, SIR !' High pitched, squeaky voice abided immediately.

'No wonder the nick.' Shi Shuan puffed a laugh at a chicken-like silhouette hurriedly leaving the tent.

'FAAALL IN !' He crowed in this funny voice of his and a neat line shaped before him. Shi Shuan counted the people in the row adding the three at his side and with amazement came to a finish at twelve. With the leader inside it would only he thirteen. Wasn't the number way too eensy ? Why so many tents then ?

'I'm warning you. Don't you try anything foolish.' The man squeezed his arm harder.

Granted a permission, the three and a one entered the tent.

His oppressors stood to attention, 'Reporting to the commanding officer, we stumbled upon a wandering priest on our watch.'

The tent despite looking scruffy from the outside was, in Shi Shuan's eye quite extravagant. It had various heavily decorated carpets and galore of different in size cushions, to sit on, lay or tiny and highly probably uncomfortable ones serving as a decoration. It was still neat and as the circumstances allowed, rather clean. Only the desk had mountains of paperwork pilled on it.