36.Demon and spirit join forces

Shen Yuan leisurely walked near the palace. The night was near and it was time to talk once again. Maybe this time he should try to scare him ? This was getting tiring and lead nowhere. But alone he won't achieve his goal. No matter how skilled one person can't stand against whole world. And he was pretty skilled. No one but this war god Shi Shuan could stop him ! But would he still say so standing against an army ?

He pushed that aside. The palace was blindingly gold shined up on by warm red sunset it looked as if burning. It was worth called a breathtaking view. But it's not like he cared. It's... suddenly there was loud BANG ! One of his black-smoke ghost-subordinates fell out of the near bushes knocking his head in his leg. This seemed urgent.

-What's the matter ?-he looked down on tiny black ball that immediately tucked at his robes to follow it to the shrine.

-Mas-ter ! Ghost... baam... human? ...Demon !-from already hard to understand speech anxiousness made it really impossible. But he immediately jumped in space and materialised in the shrine. When his feet touched the firm ground he heard people talking.

-Black dog ?-a man with white hair and green eyes asked doubtfully. Accompanying him priests were surprised too. Standing near the human-shaped hole in the wall boy continued.

-...From both sides. There was no escape and no trace left. He was really skilled.-he said gravely. But Shen Yuan didn't quite get what was going on.

The priest hearing this started pacing back and forth unconsciously biting on his finger. His face looked pathetic. Nervous movements multiplied that feeling. Was a priest supposed to act this way ? Odd humans.

-Search around !-he ordered mighty.-No one can leave this place. If he's still here we will find him. The dog should have left some smell at least. We have to find Byakko no matter what !

Shen Yuan stiffed. Are they serious ? How many times already they lost that god ?! Black dog, beast... that was some clue to find him. When everyone left in a hurry he slipped inside. He acted oppositely to the rest. If there was that many people interviewing only one person that means it happened quite some time ago. He won't be able to catch even the glimpse of kidnapper's shadow. But he still had some clues left here.

-IS THAT YOUT DOING ?!-angry voice sounded from behind. It was only the boy from earlier. Oh, nice. He can get to know something more.

-What are you talking about ?-his voice calm and indifferent. Now he felt the specific aura on that child.

-Ya' know what I'm talking about ! Give him back !-his hand was vibrating with spiritual energy ready to attack any moment. Oh, so it's that spirit.-Don't ignore me !

-I'm not. I just arrived. What happened ?-he acted as if he didn't care at all.

-You f*cking...-he said and his hand went upwards but then he hissed and backed away holding his hand. Shen Yuan saw God-binding rope on him. Seeing his gaze he backed away even more and didn't utter another word.,,Much better''-Shen Yuan thought. It was perfect for restraining spiritual beings. If it touches the skin it immediately sucks away all the energy and uses it to restrain the target. The more powerful one is the stronger will he be bid. Be it a human or god. The name was pretty much accurate.

-I advise you to speak.-he put his hand on the hilt of the scimitar.-What happened ? Details.-he saved words like gold.

Well-ghost was forced to swallow his pride and step back. Dead he won't be of any help. Still at the safe distance he told the whole story about that strangely powerful old man.

-Only him and the dog ? No one else ?

He nodded.

-That black beast appeared later. When I ordered him to run. I didn't even felt it's presence.

Shen Yuan scanned the battlefield. It matched his subordinate's report. Must act quickly. That good-for-nothing god !

He looked at that spirit. He looked like he could collapse any moment. This tool drained him getting tighter by passing minutes.

He didn't feel sorry but he needed that ghost. In second he already closed the distance and caught that hand aiming the sword at it. Poor spirit didn't manage to get away.

-What are-

Silky ribbon fell to the ground easing the pain in his now purple hand. What a relief...

-Our god was a bad habit of getting kidnapped.-he tried to talk friendly since he needed him but it sounded more like a threat.

-...What ?-the demon looked at him surprised. The spirit didn't know about that situation in the carriage ? He was sure Byakko wasn't there because he liked. Eyes dim from drugs with dark circles under and dirty and messed hair and similar ribbon on hands. He looked more like a wounded animal with it's claws ready to attack. Why didn't he know ? Could it be they met only recently ? Nevermind for now. He don't feel like telling the whole story. He massaged the scar on his hand.

-Nothing. Where is he ?-he said instead but well-ghost wasn't going to let it go easily.

-Don't try to fool me. You seriously have nothing to do with this matter ? I just can't believe !

Just a fly, just a fly, don't mind him. Shen Yuan tried hard to not hit him. Pathetic tiny spirit that can't even respect strength. Shameless ! His face looked like if he was going to murder him on the spot but the other party seemed unaware.

-If it was me, why would I be here now ? I would have been already far away.

Well-ghost smirked wryly.

-Just like Shen Hua.-his tongue slipped and he felt cool sensation on his neck. Ō-dachi's* tip paused at his throat.

-Don't compare me to that trash.-his blue eyes seemed to glow with madness in the half-dark shire.

He managed to calm down and after a while put away the blade. If something happened to that spirit Byakko won't forgive him. Deep breath. Please can he stop talking for 5 minutes.

-You will help me.-he paused.-You have a contract right ? You should be able to fell his energy.-he tried to restrain displeasure in his voice as much as he could.

-It's not that easy.-he said crossing his hands on his chest.-Byakko nearly doesn't have any aura. You noticed this right ?