Chapter 9

Veera and Tanet are back in the meeting room with Rune.

Rune: Veera, I know all these are new for you but I want you to consider this proposal seriously. We would like you to be part of this movie because you are perfect for this role.

Veera: Can I get some time to think about this? I need to talk with my parents before I take any decision.

Rune: Okay. Go home and talk to your parents. Then let me know your decision.

Veera: Okay.

Tanet and Veera walk out of the room lost in their thoughts. They said goodbye to everyone in the room and left from there.

Inside Tanet's car:

Tanet was silently driving the car while Veera sat beside him looking out of the window.

Tanet: P

Veera: Hmm

Tanet: If you feel uncomfortable or are not interested, you don't need to accept the role. But if you are just nervous because it's new, I  will be there with you to support you. I believe in you and I know that you can do it.

Veera: Thank you.

Tanet: Hmm

Soon they reach Veera's house. They both sit there in silence for a few seconds.

Tanet: Then I will see in the college on Monday.

Veera: Hmm.

Veera opens the door and starts to get out but stops midway. He sits back and looks at Tanet.

Veera: Tanet

Tanet: Hmm

Veera: Would you like to come inside and have dinner with us tonight?

Tanet looks at Veera in surprise.

Veera: I...I think it will help me to have you beside me while breaking this news to my parents.

Tanet: Okay.

Veera gets out of the car and waits at the gate while Tanet parks his car. Tanet soon joins Veera and they walk into his house.

Veera's mom is surprised to see Tanet walking into the house behind Veera.

Veera's mom: Oh!!!

Veera: Mom, this is my junior mentee, Tanet Wang.

Veera's mom: I..I know him. I have seen his movies.

Tanet: Hello Aunty

Veera: He will join us for dinner tonight.

Veera's mom: Why didn't you say something before? I haven't prepared anything special.

Tanet: It's okay Aunty. I am not too fussy about food. I can eat anything.

Veera's mom just nods her head and runs into the kitchen to call her husband. Veera takes Tanet to his room while his mom prepares food in the kitchen.

Inside Veera's room:

Tanet sat on the couch and observed the room. It is a cute and neat little room with minimalistic features. There is just a table, a couch, a bed and a wardrobe. Tanet felt relaxed while sitting there.

Veera: I will just change my dress and come.

Tanet: Hmm

Veera goes to the washroom to change while Tanet goes through his comic book collection. Five minutes later Veera comes out of the bathroom wearing a simple shorts and tshirt.