Chapter 3

Tanet enters his condo and closes the door with a bang. He goes and sits on the couch and turns on his television.

"Where the hell have you been?"

Daw is glaring at him in anger but Tanet ignores him and continues watching football.

Daw: How many times have I told you not to wander around alone. You are not an ordinary person Tanet, you are a celebrity. You need to start behaving like one.

Tanet: Hmm

Daw: Where did you go without informing anyone? I tried calling you many times but you never picked my call.

Tanet: I just went to watch a movie. My phone was in silent mode.

Daw: WHAT? YOU WENT ALONE TO WATCH A MOVIE. ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND. WHAT IF SOMEONE RECOGNIZES YOU. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A DISASTER.

Tanet: Quit shouting. My ears are paining because of your yelling. No one recognized me. I just wanted to see people's reaction on my movie. I went to the theater and came back fine.

Daw: You said, you were at the lake. How did you get there?

Tanet: I asked for ride to a random person. He dropped me there.

Daw looks at him in shock, unable to believe what he just said.

Daw: I can't believe. How can you be so careless? What if he recognizes you and follows you home? What if he is a murderer or stalker? When will you stop this madness of yours?

Tanet looks at Daw with an unreadable expression. He gets up and walks towards Daw.

Tanet: As you can see I am absolutely fine. Let me enjoy some freedom once in a while. I am fed up of all the fake smiles and cute boy acting. Quit being by manager and be a friend for once.

Tanet walks away from there and a loud noise of banging the door is heard.
Daw just lets out a sigh in frustration as it is becoming difficult to deal with Tanet and his mood swings. He walks out of the house as he decides to talk to him once he cools down a bit.

Veera was in a daze the whole way back to his house. He could not believe that he met his idol and rode with him on his scooter. He slapped himself to make sure he is not dreaming. He reaches home and directly goes upstairs without greeting his parents. His parents look at each other puzzled by their son's behavior.

Veera gets into his room and locks the door behind him. He lifts his mattress and takes out all the photos and posters of Tanet. He stares at them for a long time, unable to believe his luck.

Veera: You look more handsome in person. I wish, I could have taken a photo with you.

Veera picks his favorite photo and keeps staring at it.

Veera: Your smile is beautiful. It lits up the whole place around. I missed your smile today. Your eyes...your eyes looks so empty. What are you hiding behind those blank eyes Tanet?