Chapter 16

Gradually my eyes opened. It was pitch dark outside. I looked up at the sky to see big and bright shining stars.

"Ethan, baby, wake up." I whispered poking his arm.

His eyes slowly opened. "What time is it?" He asks.

I look at my phone. "9:02. We have to get home. Our parents are probably worried sick." I said sitting up.

"Ok fine." He said.

We both stood up and grabbed our pennyboards. We held hands and walked back to our houses.

"Amanda?" Ethan asked looking down at my eyes as we were walking down the street.

"Yeah?" I responded.

He stopped me in the middle of my street and took my one hand and held it in his. He looked in my eyes. "I really don't know how to put this in words."

"What? Is everything ok?" I asked confused.

"You mean the whole entire world to me Amanda." He said.

"Aww Ethan. I love you so much." I said as he pulled me into a hug.

"Please never leave me." He whispers.

"Trust me, I would never." I said smiling. "Come on, we gotta get back to our houses."

We then continued to walk back. When we reached our houses, I gave Ethan a kiss on the cheek. "I'll see you tomorrow. I love you."

"I love you too." He said as we walked to our separate ways.

When I walked into my house my mom was in the kitchen.

"Hey Mom..." I said.

"Where have you been?" She asked very seriously.

"I was at the park with Ethan and we fell asleep on the bench." I said.

"You didn't text me or anything. I am very disappointed." She stated.

"Well I can't text you when I'm asleep mom.." I added.

"Amanda go to bed." She said.

I went upstairs and I texted Ethan.

Me: Well my mom is pissed
Ethan: Same..
Me: Well I will make sure my parents won't stop us from seeing eachother.
Ethan: Ok. I'll see you tomorrow. Goodnight Amanda :)
Me: Goodnight <3

After I texted Ethan I changed into a sweatshirt and sweatpants. Then I went to the bathroom and took off my makeup. I then went back to my room, and fell asleep, hoping tomorrow would be different.