Chapter 15

When I got home my dad greeted me at the door. "Hi honey how was your first day?"

"Fine." I said.

"Just fine?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said as I walked up to my room.

Man. I just really needed to go somewhere with just Ethan so we could get away from everything.

I decided to text Ethan and see what he was doing tonight.

Me: Hey Ethan, want to hang tonight?
Ethan: Sure I'd love to. Meet me at the front yard with your pennyboard at 4.
Me: See you then. Love you

I stayed in my room and watched netflix until it was 4. I grabbed my pennyboard and headed downstairs.

"I'm going out I'll be home later!" I yelled as I walked out the door.

I shut the door and walked to the sidewalk and waited for Ethan.

Ethan walked out of his house. "Hey Ethan."

"Hi gorgeous. Where are we headed to?" He asked.

"I'm not sure, how 'bout the park?" I suggested.

"Sure. Let's go." He said.

We pennyboarded down the street while holding hands. When we reached the park, we found a bench.

We sat down and talked about things.

"So do you hate Vanessa now?" I asked.

"Well yeah kinda." He said looking off at the kids playing on the playground.

"Do you know what she would do if I don't leave you alone?" I asked looking into his eyes- another galaxy.

"Who knows what she would do." He says looking back into mine. "But I do not want her to hurt you. So if you need to leave me, I'll understand."

"Ethan. I would never leave you. You mean so much to me, and I mean that."

"Amanda I really don't want you getting hurt."

"I am not leaving you Ethan." I stated.

He put his arm around me and I rested my head on his chest. The sound of his heart beat made me realize, someone actually cares for me. Someone actually wants to spend time with me.

"I love you Ethan." I whispered.

"I love you too." He said as he pulled me in a little closer.

We sat there for what seemed like years, but then I sat up a little straighter. I looked up at Ethan and he fell asleep.

"Ethannn" I whispered poking his arm, "Wake up sunshine."

His eyes slowly opened. I kissed his cheek and held his hand in mine.

"We should get going Ethan." I said.

"Let's just stay here for atleast a couple more minutes please." He whispered.

"Oh fine." I rested my head back on his chest.

Before I knew it, I fell asleep also.