I shake my head, "No, Delilah wouldn't do that. She's seen worse shit, I would expect it from Jade but not her."

"Someone had to of taken both of them. They have to be together. The hard part is finding where they are and who took them." Niall sounds worried from beside me and I look over to him and see his hands shaking.

"Hey, we're gonna find them. We aren't giving up. They are both strong, I've told Delilah what to do if this situation ever happened. She's smart, either she will get them out or we will find them before that." I reassure him and he nods with eyes closed, "Jade and I just started fucking dating and this shit happens to her. She doesn't deserve this, neither of them do." He sighs and I nod in agreement.

We drive for another ten minutes until my pin is right above hers, I stop the car, "Her phone is here." I look out the windshield and only see trees and darkness. No sign of life out here.

We search around both sides of the woods from the road for twenty minutes and have found absolutely dog shit. "It has to be here somewhere." I mutter to myself while looking under branches and leaves in the darkness with my phone light flashing.

"Find anything?!" Louis asks from across the road on the other side. "Nope!" Niall and I say in unison.

"My pin is right above hers, it makes no sense." I stare at my phone in confusion.

Zayn's name pops up on my phone and I answer the call, "How is she?"

"She's okay. The doctors said it didn't hit anything bad like I said so she should stay for a couple days then get released. I'm about to leave, where are you guys?"

"We are in the woods."

"Did you just say the woods?"

"Indeed I did. Delilah's location on her phone popped up here but she nor her phone are here."

"Just meet me at my place and we can plan something. We don't know how much time we have."

"Don't say that. It makes it sound like they have a possibility of dying and there's no way in hell that's fucking happening."

"I didn't mean it like that. Just go and we will think of what to do."

We hang up and I tell Louis and Niall the plan for now and we get in my car to head to Zayn's place.

We pull into the lot of his complex and enter his apartment, "Okay so, as I was driving I thought of something." Zayn says as we all sit in a circle on his couches.

"Mind sharing with the class?" I get impatient.

"You said you tracked her phone and it lead you to the woods right?" He asks me and I nod, "Well maybe you were right on top of it."

I furrow my eyebrows, "What do you mean?"

"I mean, what if they are underground." He arches his eyebrows as if it was obvious.

"So you're saying that they could be underground? We were literally there why couldn't you just meet us and look around?!" Niall gets annoyed.

"Like I said, I thought of it as I was driving. It would've been too late."

"We can go back, but we didn't see or hear anything that seemed like it went underground." Louis speaks up.

"Maybe you were looking in the wrong places." Zayn shrugs.

"It's worth a try. Let's go." We all stand up, Louis goes with Zayn in his car and Niall comes with me in mine as we drive back to the same spot.

Once we get to the area, I pull over as Zayn does the same behind me. We show him the areas we searched and all look for a clue to what he stated this time instead of just Delilah's phone.

We search for an hour until we feel like there's nothing to look for anymore.

"This is bullshit! We're running out of fucking time!" I throw a branch down harshly and sit up against a tree.

"Look who's losing hope now." I hear Zayn mutter under his breath.

"Wait I think I found something!" Louis yells and we immediately run over.

I inspect the area and see what caught his eye, "Louis it's a fucking sewer." I sigh.

"Then what is that?" He points and I look closer with my flashlight, "Is that smoke?"

He puts his lips in a line with arched eyebrows and I smile, "I think you're right." I crouch down and try pulling on it but it doesn't budge. They all join me by pulling it and it still doesn't move.

"Maybe we can go in this direction and see if it leads to anything." Zayn points north into the woods where it faces, "Might as well." I agree and we walk down that way.

We start walking down the path, "Wait stop." Louis holds his hand out in front of us and looks behind him with furrowed eyebrows. "What?" Niall asks and Louis shushes him.

Then we all hear it, "Was that..." Zayn starts to say as we all turn to the sewer.

"A scream." I confirm.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

a scream😱😱