17

We spent hours in the palace library together with his sitting on one end of the sofa while I was on the other with my legs draped over his lap. We've already finished our first books and right now we are on our second.

There is a comfortable silence between us before I get a vision. I come back and sigh.

"What is it?"

"A vision." I answer sadly.

"What happened?" He sets his book down to look at me.

"Leaving asgard."

"Oh."

He nods and I move my legs off of him to move closer to him.

"Can I have a kiss?" I ask already putting my hand behind his head.

He doesn't answer and just smashes our lips together, smooth and soft.

He grabs my hips and moves me so that I'm straddling him. We continue to kiss until we have to breath again. I back away from his lips and hug him around the neck. He grabs his book and hugs me around the waist to continue reading while I just happily stay where I am.

I stay until he finishes his second book. He stands up with me still hugging him, making me chuckle and drop my hold on him.

"Walk with me?" Loki asks.

"Why not?"

He takes my hand we leave the library.

The day goes by quickly and before I know it, I'm waking up the next morning.

Day 4-

I leave my room and instead of going to the dining hall right away, I go to Loki's room. After knocking on his door, he opens it with a smile.

"Goodmorning." I greet.

"Indeed, it is."

He leans down to kiss me and like every morning, we make our way to the dining hall and take our seats with everyone else.

"Today is our last whole day here and I was thinking we could all do something together." Steve suggests.

We all agree and try to figure out what to do. It's not that hard to decide that they are going to learn how to fight like Asgardians, training with Sif and The Warriors Three.

"Can Loki come?"

"If he stays with you, then yes." Odin nods.

"That is fine by me."

I see the boys roll their eyes and smile at them. Apparently, they've become good friends. I look over to Loki, who is smiling at me. I squeeze his hand under the table out of excitement.

We're now on our way to the training fields. The Avengers follow Thor over to Sif and the rest to talk. I also watch Sif take Nats hand and pull her away.

Loki and I take a seat off to the side somewhere to watch, even though we don't watch. We are just here for some support.  

"I want to do something with you today. Just us."

"That can be done." Loki smiles. "What should we do?"

"I have no idea." I chuckle.

"Well, I could make an illusion of us and we could go to the bridge." He smirks.

"Good idea."

We make sure no one is looking and he makes an illusion before taking my hand in his and pulls me away, running quickly towards the garden.

Once we get to the garden, I can't stop smiling and giggling. I try to catch my breath as we walk through the woods to get to the bridge.

"How did you find this place?"

"Probably the same as you." Loki guesses. "Walking through the garden and roaming away to do my own thing. Once I found it, I would come here all of the time. Mother found out and she had this bridge built for me. Over time, these vines and plants grew around it, only making it more beautiful."

"It did, didn't it?" I agree and he nods.

We stand in silence, watching the water move and feeling the cool light breeze under the trees.

"Ruby."

"Yeah?" I turn to look at him.

He gently takes my hands and turns my whole body to face him.

"Do you fancy courting me?" He asks shyly.

"Yes, of course." I smile.   

He smiles of relief and grabs my waist pulling me towards him with my hands wrapping around his neck, our lips meeting in the middle. My eyes instantly close and my mouth opens a bit for his tongue. I pull the hair on the nape of his neck slightly and feel him smile into the kiss.

After a little make out session, we separate in order to catch our breath. I can't get rid of the smile on my face and I don't want to.

We stay at the bridge for a little longer until we think it's best to head back. We take our time getting there with our fingers intertwined the entirety of the walk.

Our illusions are still there and we make sure the others aren't looking before we sit in the same position as the illusion disappears. The group comes walking towards us and we stand up, not bothering to let go of each others hands. 

Nat raises her brow and whisper something to Wanda, who looks and smiles. I realize it's because of our hands and roll my eyes.

"Hey, are you guys done?"

"Yeah, we are." Bruce nods.  

"We were going to go eat lunch, if you guys are up for it?" Steve asks.

I nod and have them lead the way to the castle.

Someone pulls on my arm and drags me away from Loki. I see that it's the girls and sigh, apologizing to Loki while he just chuckles.  

"What?"

"You were holding hands, that's what." Nat states.

"Yeah are you guys official?" Wanda smiles excitedly.

"Yes. He asked me to court him and I said yes."

They throw their arms in the air and hug me like we're a bunch of pre-teens girls, who were asked to a dance. This confuses the guys and they stop walking to look at us.

"Keep walking." I motion for them to move along.

"Go on." Nat does the same.

They snicker and turn around to do as told. The girls push me towards Loki, shaking my head before I take his hand back, hearing them say something excitedly but, I'm not able to make out what it is.

We eat lunch and all take a walk around the castle, eventually making it to the throne room where a guard stops us.

"Odin would like to see you."

We all walk into the throne room and greet the king.

"I understand that today is your last full day here. I would like to thank you for being such fine guests. And for entertaining us at times with little disputes."  

He directs the last sentence towards me and I just smile.

"You're very welcome." Steve nods. "We want to thank you for letting us stay here."

Odin nods as a 'you're welcome' and lets us go.

Frigga comes to me and Loki and smiles. She asks if we have courted and we say yes, to which we each get big hugs.

"Now what do we do?" I ask curiously.

They all shrug and we decide to just go back to the common room.

No one questions Loki and I for holding hands, probably assuming correctly what it's about. I love that they trust me enough to know that he won't hurt me and that my visions are true.