1.27

Season 3, Episode 13

Great Expectations

•••

"George has turned into a sex machine," Izzie announced when she entered the locker room. When no-one reacted, she said: "Are you hearing me? A machine of sex. We have to do something."

"Why?" Laura wondered. "At least he's having sex."

"What's wrong with you people?" Izzie asked. None of them but Laura had even reacted and Lauras reaction wasn't what she'd hoped for.

"Derek kept me up all night with his ranting," Meredith answered, lying on the bench with her eyes closed. "Laura's sad about her break-up, but she's covering it with being more bitter and crass than usual. Cristina and Burke still are not speaking to each other."

"Okay, you know what?" Cristina turned to her. "I'm fine. I'm just not gonna be the first one talking. I mean, he has to talk 'cause I'm in the right. Talking first is for losers. I'm winning."

"And Alex?" Meredith continued. "I don't know what's wrong with Alex."

"What isn't wrong with Alex," Laura remarked and Alex gave her head a playful shove.

"I'm good. I'm all good," he closed his locker.

"Let me just remind you that I'm still recovering from the death of my fiancé, the demise of my surgical career, the fact that I was forced to deposit an eight-million-dollar check that I was saving for a good cause, even though I haven't found a good cause, and I'm the only one here under the care of a shrink. I could blow any minute."

Laura groaned. "Izzie, we already knew all of that. It's nothing new."

"George's dad has died and it has turned him into a sex machine, I'm going to need a little help with that, so one of you better pull it together!"

"Okay, Izzie," Laura said as if she was explaining something to a child. "Thinking about your dead dad? That doesn't feel good. Sex? Sex is good. It releases endorphins and oxytocin and it makes you feel better."

Then George walked in. "Hey! Anyone seen Callie? I kind of need to find her for something."

"Yeah, I bet you do," Laura smirked and Meredith, who couldn't help but laugh at Lauras current attitude, smacked her arm.

When he didn't get an answer to his question, he left, continuing his search.

Izzie made a 'you see?' gesture towards him. 

•••

Laura walked towards the elevator, only to see Bailey and the chief exit it. She couldn't hear what was being said, but from what she could tell, Webber was dismissing something she was talking about. Then he walked away, leaving Bailey to stand there alone.