1.15

Season 2, Episode 19

What Have I Done To Deserve This

•••

"Fifty bucks says O'Malley caught her doing Mark Sloan," Alex said as the interns watched Meredith and George awkwardly avoid each other.

Laura hummed. "Doubt it. With the way her and Shepherd were going at it, George has probably walked in on them at one point or another and he never acted like this. It's something else."

"There's something going on," Izzie squinted. "I mean, look at them."

The four slid further down the bench to keep the other two in sight.

"All right. He walked in on her doing McDreamy," Alex suggested.

"What did I just say," Laura shook her head in annoyance, but Alex was too preoccupied with trying to get back on Izzies good side.

Alex paused. "Did I just call that dude McDreamy?"

"Oh, you know you did," Cristina said smugly.

"Awesome. You are ruining my life," he flirted with Izzie, leaning even closer.

"Uh-huh," the blonde simply said and stood up.

"Get a room," Cristina scoffed.

Laura patted Alex on the shoulder in comfort as she passed him. Despite her own recommendations, Alex was still trying to get Izzie to forgive him and start dating him again.

She doubted that would happen anytime soon.

"What's, uh, what's going on?" Izzie asked Meredith and George.

"Nothing," Meredith replied casually.

Cristina leant against the lockers. "Oh, you know we're gonna find out anyway."

"If you tell us, maybe we can help," Izzie suggested nicely.

"There's nothing to tell," George denied, but was obviously sweating and sounded a bit panicked.

Cristina laughed. "Oh, that means there's something to tell."

He slammed his locker shut. "Come on."

"There's nothing to tell," Meredith insisted.

•••

"You want me to what?" Lauras eyebrows shot up at the request.

She was on Addison Shepherds service that day and something was obviously wrong. The older woman was squirming uncomfortably and walking funny. Laura had been brought to an exam room and had asked where the patient was. To which Addison said that she herself was the patient and then told Laura what she wanted her to do.