79: Sabotage

Allana

When I opened my eyes, I found Ani next to me. Calmed, with dry tears over his face. I frowned sadly. I breathed in and stood up slowly after I had gently kissed his forehead, careful not to wake him up.

  I made my way to the dresser and found my eyes in the mirror, they were puffy, I rubbed them and then looked at Savage's weapon. It was resting over the dark wood, that made the steel look dirtier. I sighed as my fingertips found the cold metal briefly, as I thought about what I was going to do with it.

"I was going to ask you about that yesterday." Said Ani's raspy voice and my attention snapped towards him. "Obi-Wan gave it to me, saying that you brought it with you. He wanted to know why did you keep it. Specially because of the 'no attachment' rule and because that includes trophies, and-" I shut him up by kissing him.

"Good morning." I said when I broke the kiss.

"Morning." He smiled and his hands cupped my face. His thumbs rubbed my cheeks. "Why did you keep it?" I breathed in loudly as my hands found his wrists.

"I don't know. It's not a trophy..." I bit the inner part of my cheek. "I simply thought those crystals didn't deserve what happened to them."

"You're going to purify them?"

"Yeah." I answered for a hot second.

"That will make them yours."

"I'll keep them, I suppose. Just in case. But I'll throw the rest away." He nodded.

"You should stay and rest." I shook my head. "Lans."

"If I do, I'll feel worse. It'll be better if I keep my mind busy elsewhere, thinking about quick and successful strategies instead of..." He hugged me as my voice started to break, shutting me up. I collapsed into his embrace. I breathed out and the tears that quickly pooled my eyes fell onto his skin. He intensified the hug and rubbed my back slowly each time a cold drop fell over his warm skin.

"Fine." He said as we let go of each other after a while. "Snips and I were going to go on a mission. If you and Cal wanna join, we must leave now." He stood up and I nodded before we started getting ready.

I tied my hair on a braid as we walked out of our house, each one of us with a piece of toast in our mouths, and made our way to the Temple. As we arrived, we called the Padawans to meet us at the hangar. We hopped, separately, into our cruisers and started our way to Cato Neimoidia to fight a separatist invasion.

When we arrived, Cal and I made our way to the hangar of the Triumphant and hopped on our fighters, then, we flew out alongside half of the Light squadron. There were four vulture droids closing by in my radar, so, I fired and destroyed them in a second.

"Light two, do you copy?" I contacted Cal through the communicator.

"Loud and clear Light Leader." He said.

"Cal, punch a hole through the enemy lines for the gunships to get through. Stay on Ahsoka's blind spot, cover her."

"I know the drill, Master." I smiled.

"I know. Alright gentlemen, let's get to work." Another five droids appeared before us and we blew them up as well before we entered the atmosphere. When we did, there were two star-cruisers making a blockade over the city.

"We have three enemy fighters in the back." Anakin informed. "Evasive maneuvers." We all started flying with said movements as to dodge their multiple blasts, unfortunately, two of our troopers' ships were blown up. One for each squad. I spinned the ship backwards to take the droids off of my Wolve's backs. Seconds later, as I went back to my original position, an alarm went off on my screen.