28: Help

Ahsoka

We had been running for hours as the night began to fall and fall, the sky was red with hints of orange and yellow as the clouds began to turn slightly purple, that's when we decided to walk instead of run to catch our breaths.

"I can still sense your worry." Master Naberrie said beside me.
"Your attachment to him." She paused and I sighed. "Try to calm down, breathe, I'm telling you, he's made of iron." She added.

"I know, is just, I get so confused sometimes." I said.

"Confused how?"

"It's forbidden for a Jedi to form attachments yet we're supposed to be compassionate." She giggled in response, making me look at her.

"You know, I once heard someone saying that compassion is unconditional love, and it's nothing to be ashamed of, at all." She told me. "I went through the exact same process when I was your age, in fact, I still am." She looked down at the ground.

"Really?" I asked a bit of doubt was born inside of me. Allana is just like Anakin in so many ways but she seemed like the kind of person that can easily calm her mind, perhaps I was wrong about that part of her.

"I think I'm someone that struggles to let go easily, like you and your Master." She explained, looking at the horizon as we walked. "Years ago, to do half of my training I was sent to Ryloth with my Master. One day, she left and I stayed behind. I was worried about what could happen to her or myself." She sighed. "I didn't want to loose my sister so I almost begged to be the one to keep her safe, I was selfish enough to not let go of my family, my parents and older...older sister, and I actually still visit them every now and then whenever I can. I am unable to let go of those around me, my colleagues, friends, anyone." She sighed again. "I don't know what I would do if my Master was in this position, if you or Obi-Wan were the ones laying there." She paused. "I certainly not know what I would do if I lost Anakin, he's one of my oldest...friends...my best friend." She sighed again trying to place her mind at ease. "We're told that we have to let go for the greater good, to not loose a thousand lives just to save one and sometimes we can't." She looked at me. "The Jedi haven't been able to understand that, after all, we feel and suppressing those feelings is the hardest thing to do. I'm sure one day we'll be able to do it Snips, one day."

  She looked at me and smiled, I smiled back nodding, getting to know this part of her was nice, feeling like I'm not the only one who feels this way all the time, then we continued walking as the sun continued to set until the moon raised, taking its place.

[...]

The night had fallen and the moon was illuminating everything, even though the light it provided wasn't exactly the one we could use. The troopers turned the light of their helmets on and we continued to walk like that, always preparing for what may be coming next, as Allana always says.

Soon enough we reached a quite clear area where huge trees raised up to the sky. We placed ourselves underneath one and looked up, trying to spot something or someone that could help us save the life of the man I see as an older brother.

"I don't see any signs of life." Said Commander Wolffe. Suddenly, we heard something cracking above us, I looked up and gasped. Master Naberrie followed my gaze.

"Watch out!" She yelped tackling Wolffe and saving him from being crushed by the giant pod that fell from the tree. Another one fell, and another one, that I quickly avoided. We all moved to the part of the tree where we had cover.

"No wonder it's deserted." I said. "It's a death trap." Allana looked up as I spoke panting after that big scare I had. "You'd have to be crazy to want to dodge those on a daily basis." She placed her hand over my shoulder, making me go silent.