45: Time

Anakin

  After I found Lana and she gave me the disk, I ran outside towards the ship again as fast as I could, meeting my loyal friend outside.

"Take good care of this R2." I said bending down, handing the disk over to him, then, I had a very bad feeling, something had happened, so, I took a decision. "Get the ship ready for takeoff, if I'm not here in five minutes, leave without me, no matter what happens, the Council has to see this hologram." I finished and ran back inside.

  I was hiding behind the columns once I had made my way towards the room section of the Castle. I spotted a Medical Droid walking down the corridor. It came walking from Allana's room corridor and my worry increased, so, I started running faster, as fast as I could.

"I was just in the Library." Said Clovis's voice far from where I was, I stopped running to arrive silently. "The Hologram disk is gone, I see now why you've renewed our friendship...so you could spy on me and steal from me."

"I did it for the Republic." She said, I guessed still in character, her voice sounded weak. "I didn't want to believe that you're involved with the Separatists, but you are...you're a traitor." I was standing close to the door now.

"Where is the disk you stole?"

"On it's way to the Senate, your scheme is finished Baron." I was standing underneath the frame, Lans was laying in bed while Clovis was standing before her, tightening his fists.

"Get away from her...if you want to live." He gave few steps backwards and I approached my Angel. "Lana." I whispered.

"How dare you speak like that to me? I'm a Senator! And who the hell is Lana? Why do you call Senator Amidala like that?"

"What is wrong with her?" I asked dryly and coldly, he just frowned as I avoided his questions.

"Lott Dod poisoned her...she's dying." A cold shiver went down my spine, I was not going to loose her, not tonight.

"I'll take her to the doctors on Coruscant." I looked from his green eyes to her hazel ones that closed slowly, she was tired, a thin layer of sweat covered her forehead, I touched her skin and she's burning in fever. "Hey, hey, open your eyes okay? Don't close them."

"I'm tired, I just want to...sleep." She said and her eyelids closed making me sigh.

"There's not enough time for you to do that. Dod must have the antidote." He placed his hand on my shoulder but I turned around and pushed his hand away. "She's stolen a ver valuable disk from me, return it and I'll get the antidote from Lott Dod."

"Hm, I prefer to negotiate with Lott Dod in person."

"No! He cannot be told-"

"What? That you lost the disk?" I chuckled. "I'm sure he'd be very interested in hearing all about this."

"He might kill me if he finds out, but still, it's her life that I worry about." I rolled my eyes and thought about telling him that it isn't Padmé but her sister, but I guessed I could use his stupidity in favour and tell him later on. "She must be saved because I love her." I chuckled again. Oh Clovis, only if you knew.

"In that case, I suggest you can help us back to the Senator's ship before Lott Dod finds anything out." I turned around and placed my hands gently underneath Lana's neck and knees carrying her and as soon as I placed her close to my chest, her arms found my neck.

"Come with me, quickly." Said Scipio's Senator and we walked out of the room with 3PO following close behind, carrying the suitcase she had brought.

"You'll be okay, I promise." I whispered in her ear and she pulled closer to me, hiding her face in my neck.

"We must make haste." Said Clovis once we had reached the staircase, in the bottom of it, I was able to spot Dod and two other Neimoidians.

"What is going on Clovis?" He asked, playing dumb and I had to suppress the feeling of wanting to snap his neck for doing this to my wife.

"I'm sorry Lott." Said he. "Senator Amidala is very ill and we're taking her to her ship."

"If Senator Amidala is ill, she should not be moved."

"I have contacted the authorities on Naboo, they thought it best to take her back to Coruscant, the doctors there are better equipped."

"You cannot leave!" Clovis pulled out a small gun out of his belt and I raised my eyebrows as Dod raised his hands, this will be interesting.

"Give me the antidote or you're dead." There goes the plan and it's discretion.

"You'll pay for this...give Clovis the antidote." Huh, worked better than expected. A Neimoidian gave 3PO the injection with the antidote as I felt Lana's grip around me loosen up, we didn't have much time left.

"Your kindness is much appreciated Senator." He turned at me. "Take her, quickly." I nodded and walked outside. In no time I got up to the ship, where Typho was already waiting for us. As the ship's ramp began to close, I heard footsteps behind me.

"Wait!" He called. "Now give me back my disk."

"Don't worry Clovis, is good to know you have a heart. I wish I could give you the disk, but I have very good faith in your survival skills." I smiled and turned around. "Oh, and you should know." I met his gaze again. "Senator Amidala refused to spy on you, this is her sister, and believe me, if the antidote doesn't work, you may have lost Padmé, for good and I'll come to kill you myself if you're not already dead. Have a lovely night...Senator!" The ramp closed, but I was able to see the shock and surprise in his eyes, his entire face. "Captain, get us out of here."

"Yes General." Said Typho, who started piloting the ship as I placed Lans down gently on a chair.

"Where's that medicine 3PO?" I asked the golden droid and he gave few steps forward, getting close to us. He gave it to me and I gently placed the needle into her skin and injected the medicine she needed, she frowned and hissed.

"I'm sorry." She said with a raspy voice making me frown but breath out of relief.

"What for?" I asked. "We got away and we have the hologram, now, we'll use that information to destroy Dooku's foundry, your mission was a success." I brushed a few locks of hair off her face.

"I made you doubt me...at the Library, when I-"

"Shh." I smiled and brushed a loose lock of her curly mane behind her ear. "Never, I trust you...blindfolded." She smiled and I returned the gesture as we flew back home.