63: Ghosts

Anakin

  When I walked out, I met Obi-Wan. He was standing by the entrance of the ship, watching the dark landscape and the pouring rain. When his eyes met mine, he smiled and I smiled back.

"How is she?" He asked and I sighed.

"Asleep. Alive...she'll be alright, I hope." He nodded.

"That's good." I sat down on the ship's ramp and looked outside too. "I'm getting a little tired of how unreliable the weather is here."

"Some might say that's part of the appeal." He chuckled.

"You did well. How do you feel?" I sighed.

"I'm not sure we're doing the right thing by leaving. The Son is consumed by the Dark Side." He frowned.

"And if we stay, we may be used to the Dark Side's advantage." I stood silent. About twenty minutes later, Lana walked out of the small bedroom, my robe was no longer over her body and she was a bit pale, her eyes were a bit wild too and her breath was uneven, that indicated she had a nightmare. "Allana, how are you feeling?"

"I've been better Kenobi, thanks for asking." My Master smiled and she smiled back. "So, what's the status of our ship?" She asked placing her hair in a tighter low bun.

"Haven't checked." I answered.

"Well, then, I will." She walked up to the tool box and pulled out some goggles to protect her eyes.

"Shouldn't you rest a longer bit? You went through quite an ordeal." Said Obi-Wan and I nodded in agreement.

"I'll have time to rest when I die." A knot was formed in my stomach and throat.

"Too early for those jokes." She sighed. Humour, sarcasm and fixing things are her coping mechanisms.

"Whatever, right now, all I want is to get the hell out of here." She opened the hatch that's on the ground and slid into the underpart of the ship to check on everything. "Skywalker, hand over the wrench would you?" I sighed as I turned around, dug in the box and once I found it, placed it into her hand that was coming out of the hatch. "Thanks."

"Sure." I turned back around and kept on admiring the rain falling. "How's everything down there?" I asked after ten minutes and Allana popped out of the hatch, placing the goggles on her forehead and reclining her forearms on the ground, letting out a sigh as the usual two locks of hair framed her face that had a little bit of dirt over her skin.

"Well, do you want the bad news or the really bad news?" I sighed.

"Let's try the bad news, laced with a little optimism." Said Obi-Wan, crossing his arms and I smiled, just like her.

"We have two cracked shilo pins, a busted power converter, the engines should be fired twice to dump debris and the backup vent needs charging." She crossed her arms.

"Sounds terribly downbeat." She nodded and placed the goggles properly again before sinking into the ship's belowdeck. "Can it be fixed?" I stood up to get one of the bent speeders that these ships carry.

"Uh...I can reroute the primary initiator, weld the dampening vents and that might give us enough power to leave the atmosphere." She popped out of the hatch again, frowning when she saw the speeder floating underneath my hand and when our eyes met before they met Obi-Wan again. "After that, I can't guarantee she'll hold together."

"We'll take our chances. Everything's better than staying here." Obi-Wan walked out and I followed behind with the speeder in hand. Once outside, I extended it and hopped on it. "Where are you going?"