The past (Ep. 13)

Taehyung?

He seemed different today, totally, that I failed to recognise him.

"Y/n?" He frowned. "What happened?" I observed his face. "Nothing.. just sitting here" he lied. "Don't lie," I tried to look into his eyes but he was refusing. "I didn't," he let out. "I saw you crying while leaning on this piano" I said, while sitting on the flat instrument. "Taehyung, tell me why were you crying, Is something bothering you?" I asked him, really concerned for him. He took a deep breath while standing and leaned his back on the piano beside me.

"Thought about the past and cried" he simply uttered. "May I know what the past was?" I stared at his side profile. He turned his face and gazed at me. "You don't want to know about it," his reply was cold and turned away. "Don't you... trust me?" I was upset at the fact he was refusing to open up even though we were not close enough to share something that's personal.

He turned to me and stared right into my eyes, and I did the same. "Not like that," he shook his head. "Then you can share it with me, your secret is safe with me," I assuredly smiled. His lips curved up in response.

"Today was, my Jeny's memorial day," he said. My Jeny? Who is she? Girlfriend? I didn't feel comfortable when he addressed her as My Jeny. "Who is she?" I asked. "My girlfriend," he replied with a straight face. I felt a sting pain in my heart. My other side of mind was surprised to have such an effect over this.

He has a girlfriend. But he mentioned that it's her memorial day? So that means he 'had' Curiosity and confusion occupied my brain."What happened to her?" I questioned.

"She was murdered." He said calmly. It sent chills down my spine, it terrified me. "H-how?" I stuttered. "By the criminals who my father tried to arrest." He replied. "Is he the police?" I blinked my eyes, He nodded.

"One year ago, he was handling the drug dealing case. Since he was the one who killed one of the members, they took revenge on him and killed her." He explained but not exactly which still left me with questions "But, why should they kill her? I mean, what's the use of killing her?" I frowned.

"They actually wanted to kill my sister Sae-mi, but they mistook Jeny as my sister and shot her..." His voice trembled. "But what the matter is after some days, they managed to kill my sister as well. " the tears in his eyes flowed down, as he let out a shaky breath.

"The fact that we failed to protect her even after acknowledging that they were aiming for my sister, was haunting till this very moment." He bit his lips, looking down. I placed my hand on his, which he kept on the piano. It broke me seeing him in this state. "Taehyung..." My voice is near to a whisper.

He turned to me with teary eyes. "I miss them," he added, staring at me as his chin shuddered in overwhelming emotion. He broke down. He cried out. He was like a baby right now. A broken baby.

I placed my hand on his shoulder and I got down from the piano and I stood myself in front of him. I pulled him into the hug, I want to keep him in my arms safely and don't let him go. He cried on my shoulder. I can't suppress my tears anymore. I let it out. I can't see him crying. It somehow made me remember my past too.

After a few minutes of crying. He calmed down. But I couldn't stop from crying. He slowly wrapped his hands around my waist and hugged back pulling me closer. I don't know why but I feel like someone is here to let out all my stress.

I have a habit, I will cry even more when I feel like being comforted. I guess that's what is happening now. He buried his face in the crook of my neck as he tightened the grip. He rubbed my back slowly.