S3AE10 ❂ The Overlooked ❂

•••

•••

My head feels like it's about to split in two. I blink at the white ceiling above, but everything is still a little hazy. Someone's clutching my hand like their life depends on it, that much I'm aware of.

Stiles lies to the right of me, conked out. His head back and mouth wide open. Drool trickles down the side of his mouth.

"Stiles?" I ask. He stirs, but doesn't wake up. "Stiles!"

"Huh?" He jumps awake and blinks the sleep from his eyes. "God, you're okay." He throws his body at me and hugging me, not once letting my hand go.

"Where am I?" I cough, then realize there's a tube of oxygen leading to my nose and an IV in my arm.

"The hospital. W-we couldn't get you to wake up after what happened at the school. You inhaled a lot of wolf's bane, and I didn't know what to do. I said we should bring your here and I was scared and my dad got taken and I couldn't lose you, too," he says in a rush.

I prop up on my elbows. "Your dad got taken?"

He nods and begins bouncing his leg up and down. I squeeze his hand. "We're gonna find him, like we found Deaton."

Through the crack under the door, shadows of people rush by. Becoming more aware of my surroundings now, I realize there are people yelling and things are clattering around. I sit up and pull the oxygen from my nose. "Stiles, what's happening?"

Before he can answer, Mrs. McCall bursts through the door. "Y/n, how are you feeling?"

"Fine."

"If you're sure you're fine then you can go. We're evacuating the hospital." She grabs a few things from my room.

"What, why? What's happening?" I ask in a panic, ripping the IV from my arm and swinging my legs over the side of the bed.

"Terrible storm coming." She rushes out the door.

I stagger to my feet only to lose my balance. Stiles wraps his arm around my waist and supports me. "Maybe you should lie down a little longer?" He suggests.

Despite my swirling head, butterflies swarm my stomach at the sudden contact with him. "No." My voice comes out hoarse and harsher than I had meant. I straighten my hospital gown. "Where're my clothes?"

"There." He points at the counter where my clothes lie.

Before I step any closer I catch a whiff of wolf's bane from my shirt and go straight into a coughing fit.

"Here." He hands me a glass of water and I down it.

"My shirt's covered in wolf's bane."

He looks over at my clothes. "Oh. Here." He pulls his jacket off and hands it to me. "Wear this."