S3AE11 ❂ Alpha Pact ❂

•••

•••

Alone, Stiles and I rush back to the elevator Derek was left unconscious in.

I slap Derek across the cheek. "Come on, Derek, wake up!" He doesn't move, so I slap him again. "You're a freaking werewolf—" I punch him. "—so wake—" I punch him again. "—up!" His eyes shoot open and he grabs my punch mid-swing.

"Where is she?" He asks, looking around for Miss Blake.

"She left with Scott's mom," I answer, crawling off of him.

"She took her?"

"Yeah, and if that's not enough of a kick to the balls, Scott left with Deucalion, okay?" Stiles says. "So, we gotta get you out of here. The police are coming right now, and we gotta get you the hell out of here."

We help Derek to his feet. "What about Cora?"

"Outside with Peter and Isaac," I answer. "Come on, I'll help you out." I put his arm over me and help him up. "Stiles, distract the cops, I'll be back in a bit."

I help Derek out to the others, then return to the hospital and find Stiles again. "We'll do the alphabet—start with 'F,' end with 'U'," Stiles is saying.

I round the corner and see him talking with a man I recognize as Scott's father, Rafael McCall.

"How about you just tell me what the hell happened here?" Mr. McCall asks, growing more annoyed by the second.

Stiles sighs. "I don't know what happened here. I was stuck in the elevators the whole time."

"And I was with him," I say, walking over to the man and crossing my arms.

"Neither of you are the ones who put the name on the doors, are you?" Mr. McCall asks.

"What name?" Stiles and I ask at the same time.

Spray-painted in bold red letters on the silver doors of the elevator is the name ARGENT.

•••

Mr. Argent unlocks the door of his apartment and enters, followed by Allison, Stiles, and myself. "The word is 'guardian,' Allison—more than anyone, you know that's a role I haven't exactly lived up to lately."

"But she took Scott's mother and Stiles' father. That's not a coincidence," she argues.

"Yeah. I'd also consider the fact that someone put your name up in large block letters on the elevator door. That kind of felt like a warning to me..." Stiles says.

Allison sets her purse on the table. "I think it might be Morrell."

I pinch my bottom lip in thought. "She knows a lot more than she's letting on... maybe she's trying to help us?"