In The Best Way

Damian was working out.

He was "training".

But if you've ever had a pet, and if you ever work out, you know...............

They won't let you work.

Damian would do push ups but Pennyworth would crawl under him and roll over and around, watching as his paws and tail would play with Damian's shirt.

Soon Damian would give in and stop to play a little with him.

But he had to move on.

Damian got on a bar and dangled by the crook of his knees then did sit ups against gravity.

Up. Down. Up. Down. Farret. Up. Farret?

Garret never bothered Damian, but when he did, he did it while Damian was most busy and preoccupied.

Garret sat on his knees, he climbed down his body, dangled off his hair, ran back up, his body tickling Damian's nose.

"Garret, I'm busy." Dian grunted as he did another sit up.

"Are you though?" Garret replied as he crawled into Damian's shirt.

Garrett's little paws and fur finally made Damian laugh and almost fall off.

So, Damian had to play with Garret, there was no getting around it.

Garret soon got bored and ran off to get food.

Finally Damian would be free at last to continue his workouts.

But he was wrong!

Jumping jack's got the attention of Jerry who ran in and out of his feet, running made Titan think they were playing a game and tackle him, and Titus didn't know why Damian was punching a bag but he decided that now would be a good time to stretch under the bag and roll around.

Damian's workout was successfully ruined but it wasn't just his workout.

Many times over when Damian would try to work on a case Batcow would intervene and moo very loudly until she was brushed.

Goliath was also hard to deal with. He wanted to play, he wanted to eat, he wanted attention, he wanted the world right as Damian sat down.

During patrol when Damian though he was free Poison, his raven, would fly around him, land on his head, and bring him pieces of trash as a gift offering.

The family assumed Damian was frustrated and annoyed at the pestering. They all thought Damian was this close to putting them up for adoption!

"I can't believe it" Tim would laugh as he ran upstairs "Damian is typing on the computer but Pennyworth laid all over the keyboard!"

Then there would be those times when Titan would knock Damian over and he would fall into the mud.

There was also that time Garret snuck into Damian's backpack when he went to school and caused the whole school to think it had an infestation of rats.

All Damian said to that was "He's a farret, not a rat. Get your facts straight or don't say anything at all!"

Of course there was the infinite amount of dead mice and rats Pennyworth and Poison left for him. Titus was more than pleased to bring him back a living bunny or squirrel that he found.

Even with all of these things that the family was so sure he hated, Damian never complained.

Because the truth is, he loves his pets to death! They were always there for him and he didn't mind if they hit in the way because sometimes he doesn't mind a break.

They keep him on his toes and always help him relax.

Once Bruce thought that Damian was so stressed about the animals so he asked Dick and Jason to take them to the park to give Damian the afternoon off.

While the idea was sweet Damian was in a panic when he couldn't find any of his animals.

When he got them back again he was extremely relieved.

The pets loved him and he loved them.

They could be in the way sometimes, but they were in the way in the best way.

Short but sweet! 😆