Groom Day

It happened maybe once a month. Last month they got away with it because Damian was too tired after patrol to remember. So technically, it's been two months since they last had their nails cut, baths, and haircuts.

You can guess how these animals looked by then I'm sure.

Titan had dirt stuck to the bottom of his paws with little clumps of something in his belly fur.

Even Titus, who was normally very clean, looked rough.

(Or should I say Ruff! 😉😂🤣 Excuse me and my bad puns.)

Now, Batcow was getting brushed every day. The cats cleaned themselves, and Garret didn't do anything ever so he didn't smell very bad.

But the dogs were getting noticeable.

"Um, Damian?" Dick said one day as he eyed the weird shaped thing on Titan's tail.

Titan hardly noticed the clump of dirt though because he was busy catching the bacon Jason was throwing at him.

"What Grayson?" Damian asked.

"Well, your dogs look a little" He flourished his hand around as he tried to think of a word. "Filthy" He finished.

Damian looked up from his pancakes and over at his dogs.

Titus was laying on the floor but upon seeing Damian he got up to walk over to him, leaving hairs on the floor where he was laying.

"I see what you mean" Damian muttered as he listened to the patterning and scratching of Titan's nails on the floor.

Normally Alfred would have taken care of the dogs, but Damian made it very clear they were his dogs and he would take care of them.

Damian sighed and stood up "I think we should take some action upon this problem" He said.

Jason looked up and frowned "Just spray them down with the hose, they'll be good as new!"

Titan looked at Titus who was walking over to him.

"Hey Titus, watch this!" Titan said as Jason carelessly cast out another piece of bacon towards them.

Titan jumped up and caught it.

"Goal!" Titan exclaimed "Did you see that Titus!? Did ya? Did ya?"

"Titus! Titan!" Damian called. "Come on, it's time for a bath!"

The dogs froze then looked at each other.

"Bath?" Titus asked.

"I think you mean, the worst day of my life!" Titan whined.

"Uh oh" Jason said. "I think they're forming a plan."

"Let's just run" Titan said.

"That's a good plan!" Titus exclaimed before they both bolted.

"Grab em!" Jason yelled.

Everyone threw themselves towards the dogs but they managed to slip out of their grasps.

Bruce walked in at that moment and saw his boys on the floor.

"What happened?" he asked confused.

"Don't let them escape!" Tim yelled but the two dogs slipped right past Bruce's legs and out of the room.

"Crud!" Jason groaned as he stood up.

"We need to get them" Dick said.

"We need a plan." Damian said as he stood up and dusted himself off.