Movie Night

Let's just say movie nights get hectic.

During dinner Bruce suggested they should all watch a movie together as a family. Jason had quickly tried to escape out the back door but stepped on a dog toy that he thought was an actual dog so he tried to pull his foot up but ended up tripping and falling on the floor, right in front of the front door.

Freedom was so close, yet so far.

Titan then jumped up and ran over to lick his hand.

So, they all changed and met in the movie room where the chaos began.

"I call the corner!" Tim said as he jumped towards it.

"Absolutely not!" Jason yelled as he grabbed Tim's shirt "If I have to sit through family time then I deserve the best seat!"

"Bruce are you coming with the popcorn or not?!" Dick yelled at the door.

Damian was trying to reserve a seat for Titus but Selina was sitting there with her cats which didn't get along well with the dogs.

Alfred was smart and took the only chair in the room as Bruce came in with four popcorn bowls balanced with drinks.

"Which movie should we watch?" Dick asked.

"I don't care" Jason grumbled as he lifted his feet and sprawled it out on the cushions.

"Jason move your feet!" Tim grunted as he tried to push his feet off the couch.

Titan jumped up on Jason's legs and laid down.

"Ha! Ha!" Jason said smugly.

Tim rolled his eyes and moved to the other couch where Damian was sitting on a corner with Bruce, Dick, and Selina.

Titan and Titus were extra interested in the popcorn that Damian held rather than the movie suggestions.

"How about a Disney movie!?" Dick suggested.

"No!" Jason groaned.

"What about a romance?" Selina asked.

Bruce agreed and Dick liked the idea but everyone else made faces.

"What about a horror film?" Damian said.

"Friday the 13th!" Jason exclaimed.

"Why can't we ever do a distopia?" Tim grumbled.

"We always do distopias" Selina said with rolled eyes.

"When?" Tim growled.

"You and I watched Divergent just last week!" Selina said.

"That movie was so bad it doesn't count" Tim scoffed.

Titan and Titus stared intensely at Jason who was arguing with Dick. The argument was getting heated as Jason tried to take the remote out of Duck's hands.

"It's only a matter of time" Titan said.

Titus liked his jaws "He's gonna jump up and spill it all any minute now!" He whined.

Just as they predicted Jason jumped forward and the popcorn bowl tipped.

"Go!" The dogs yelled as they jumped off the couch.

Unfortunately the bowl never fully turned over because Alfred's arm shot out and he caught the bowl swiftly, not spilling a single kernel.

"No!" Titus whined.

"Curse his old man speed!" Titan growled.

Alfred then separated Damian and Tim who were ready to throw hands, handed the popcorn to Selina, he took the remote out of Dick and Jason's grip, and swatted the back of Bruce's head with the remote.

"Ow!" Bruce exclaimed "Why did I get hit?"

Alfred sat down and didn't answer him. "I will choose the movie" He said calmly.

Selina smiled and ate the popcorn, tossing a few pieces to the dogs.

Alfred then turned the TV on and found a movie that he turned on.

Unbenounce to everyone else it was Princess Bride. Alfred then set the remote down next to himself and leaned back, closing his eyes and getting ready for a nap.

Everyone watched and no one complained because Alfred chose it.

Jason ended up merging onto the same couch as everyone else so he could see better and so the dogs took the other couch and stretched their limbs out.

Titan enjoyed most of his time by sticking his nose into the couch to investigate the unusual smells and food stuck in the cracks. (not that there would be any crumbs but it's for the sake of the book🤣)

By the end of the movie everyone decided to try out something new.

Selina wanted to find a nice sunset to kiss Bruce in front of, Jason wanted to try the miracle max pill, Dick went to attempt the trick the man in black did on the bars, Tim researched if you could actually light yourself on fire and be fine, and Damian challenged everyone to a sword fight with their lefthand.

And we mustn't forget the dogs. They learned a valuable lesson that night too! Always sit next to Jason so you can eat popcorn without Alfred's interupption.

Hey! If you don't know the Princess Bride then I'm sorry😅 you'll be confused but just look it up or watch it. It's great but I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Comment if you've watched the Princess Bride, I'm genuinely curious🤔