Titan The Talker

"Titan, jump!" Damian commanded exasperated all over again. 

I stare at him, not wanting to play this little game all over again. He's been making us jump over things all day and I was bored. He had gotten back from patrol and instead of playing with me he forced me to jump over things and preform the strangest things. Jump over this, attack that, bite this, run this way. It was like he was training me to fight a polar bear! His treats weren't even good either, old cheese? Really Damian? Getting stingy aren't we? 

Titus wasn't forced to do this! He got to sit and watch or leave if he wanted. 

"Titan!" Damian exclaimed "Just jump over the pillow, don't be scared." 

Scared? I'm not scared, I'm just not falling for something so.....unusable. When I was a puppy maybe, but I'm older now and can see what he's trying to get me to do. I just don't feel like doing it today. 

Damian sighed and walked over to me and tried to push me towards the pillow to get me to jump over but I refuse. I lay down and let him try to push my rear end up. 

"Titan, for all of our sake's, just jump over!" Garret grumbled. "I'm, trying to sleep!" 

I scowl at him "That's easy for you to say! You're not forced to jump over pillows repeatedly." 

Damian finally gave up with an aggravated growl. "Why are you being so troublesome today!" Damian asked angrily. 

"What do you expect?" I reply "You want me to jump for moldy cheese? I don't even like cheddar!" 

Damian stared at me "I wish I could know what you were saying" He mumbled. 

Tim ran into the cave at that moment and said "Damian stop coddling your dogs, Zatanna is here and wants to talk to you!" 

Damian scowled and said "Why? She's supposed to take the boom tubes!" 

Tim raised an eyebrow at Damian and said "Someone's in a bad mood today." 

Damian shot me a glare and I just look away nonchalantly. He got up and said "Fine, but don't think for a moment we're finished Titan!" 

I get up and run up the stairs in front of them. When I reach the top I see Dick talking to Zatanna who looked excited. 

My tail starts to wag and I jump up on her. 

"Titan down." Damian demanded as he followed. 

"No it's fine!" Zatanna chuckled. "I actually came here to talk to you about your pets!" 

Damian raised an eyebrow and I could see his doubt even with the mask on.  It made me feel special though! No one came to see just me! 

Damian crossed his arms and said "What do you want with them?" 

Zatanna smiled and said "Well, I have just perfected a spell that allows animals to speak! I was wondering if you wanted to know what your animals were thinking! They could talk to you and I was talking to Dick on the phone and he said that you might be interested." 

"You couldn't have called?" Damian said snippily. 

Dick sighed and said "Damian, she just wanted to-" 

"I know what she's saying Grayson" Damian interrupted. "And I believe it's a good idea but she could have wasted a whole trip down here if I had said no when she could have just called." He looked at Zatanna now and asked "Will it hurt them?" 

She shook her head "Not that I know of and I can take it off at any given moment." 

Damian looked more interested now and nodded. "Fine, I'll allow you to test it out on Titan." He said. 

Start with me? What is she going to do?

Zatanna smiled and crouched down next to me. "Who's a good boy?" She asked, while petting my head.

My tail wags and I kick he. Me! I'm a good boy! I'm a very good boy!

She laughed and said something but I couldn't understand it. I've learned to understand a lot of languages. Sometimes Damian will train me in Latin, or German for "in case" whatever that means.

A warm sensation filled my head and my throat.

She smiled and stood up.

"All done!" She exclaims.

All done with what? I need to go to the bathroom. I think that cheese was ruining my systemm

Damian looks at me and says "Titan, how do you feel?"

"I feel fine but that cheese is going right through me." I say.

Damian's eyes widen at me and he blinks.

"That's freaky." Tim mutters.

"What?" I ask.

Zatanna looked at me and said "Titan, we can understand you now."

"Really?" I ask, standing up my tail wagging. She nodded. "Oh boy!" I exclaim, turning to Damian. "Damian! I can tell you about everything now!"

Damian's eyebrow was lifted and he looked surprised.

"What is it?" he asked.

I grin then scratch my ear. "First off, the cheese is disgusting! I wouldn't even shake for that!"

"That explains a lot." Damian muttered.

Dick laughed and said "This is so weird and crazy!"

"This is great!" I exclaim. "I'm gonna go show it off to Titus!"

I run away and Damian calls after me but I'm too excited to stop. I run by Bruce and exclaim "Hi!"

He looks up from his phone and looks around for the voice, confused when he doesn't see anything.

When I reach Titus and Garret I tell them the whole story.

"Did it hurt?" Titus asks.

I shrug "It felt weird but now I can talk like humans!"

Garret chuckled evilly "You see what this means now?!" He crawled across the fire place mantle, behind picture frames and books. "You realize what you just signed your life away, right?"

I frown at him "You're just jealous Damian can't understand you!"

Garret laughed. "Jealous? What happens when Damian hears all the nasty things you say? Or the rude things? And what about-"

"Garret, that's just you." Titus interrupts.

Garrett's mouth was still open and he closed it while glaring. "Well, maybe! But at least I don't sound like a hulking clumsy human!"

Titan frowned at Garret and said "Well, I think this is cool!"

At that moment Damian walked in with Tim.

"So, uh, Titan, who are you talking to?" Tim asked.

I grinned and give Garret a smug look before saying "Garret and Titus! Garret thinks it's weird that I can talk and Titus thinks it's cool?"

"Sorta" Titus sighed before getting up and stretching.

Damian crouched down and pet me before saying "Titan, this is good. How we can communicate properly. Zatanna told me that it wears off in an hour so what do you want to do?"

"Play!" I exclaim.

Damian held my head between his hands and said "Yes, but this is the only time you can actually talk! Don't you wnat to do something worth while? Something that makes a difference?!"

He was squishing my cheek flaps between his hands, allowing a little bit of drool to drip down to the ground.

I have no idea what to do. Something that could change my life forever?

"I got a great idea!" I exclaim.

Damian smiles "Good, what is it?"

To be continued........