Loophole

"I'm sorry." Says Li Xing. "Because of us...all of the artifacts..."

Everyone has their fist clenched, frustrated by their powerless self.

"Patriarch...thank you very much." Says Xiang Hou. "I will become someone strong enough such that nobody sullies your name."

Xiang Hou is serious, his determined eyes gave hints of frustration.

"T-Thank you very much!" They say in unison as they bow.

"Don't think too much about it," I reply. "If it is for my disciples, of course, that is the least I must do."

!

"I will follow you for the rest of my life!" Xiang Hou says as he lowers his head further.

?!

The rest, except the formal disciples of The Profound Poison sect, followed Xiang Hou.

They are easy to manipulate. Although it happened by chance, it worked out for the better.

The total revenue from the auction amounts to 20 gold ingots, close to the finance of a big sect's treasury.

I kept 14 gold ingots for myself.

Although the event ended peacefully, there were two issues.

First, my achievement caused an uproar in Tiansu with every sect taking notice of me. Rumours of me have spread to other neighbouring countries.

Secondly, Xie Mo won't come out of the palace. I've been doing regular checks on his cultivation base and realised he made no progress. What is he doing?

Is he waiting for somebody?

Immediately after we return, we are greeted with cheers of jubilation and luminous smiles in the night.

"Everyone did a great job! I heard that many of you humiliated sects that once looked down on us! Hahaha! I cannot imagine their reaction!" Exclaims Li Ye. "Ah, all of you must be exhausted. The core disciples may return to their room for the day. Patriarch, there is something we need to inform you."

I nod.

Words have already reached this far within a short time.
The Golden Steal merchant group should have started their movements. My existence is a big threat to them.

But I won't sit back and take it, it's time I unlock my third virus...

Li Ye escorts me to the guest room. Inside it is Choi Inyoung waiting.

"Wang Ji!" She smiles.
"Hello. Is there anything I can help you with?"

She gulps.

...

"Li Ye, you may leave," I say.
"Yes."

I close the door behind me.

"Wang Ji...I decided I can be the alchemist pavilion master. But the reason why I rejected you before was...someone will be coming for my head." Says Inyoung.

?

"As an alchemist in the Alchemist Association, they act as my backing. However, if I join your sect, my pursuers from the Luo family will move."

Luo family? It's not a worry, I will need to face them sooner or later.

I smile. "You are worried about my safety?"

"N-No! I don't mean to say you are weak. That is why I made up my mind to join. If you need anything, you can ask me. Also, do you mind if I bring along a herb cultivator?"