Invitation

"You are impressive, I get why Mu Kai and Zhu Li want to follow you. Their loyalty was always tied to the Blood sect." Says Li Shao.

?!

...

"Everyone, leave. I want to talk to the elder." I say.

They nod and left.

"Don't worry, I am an exile of the sect. Although I still keep in touch with some." Says Li Shao.

...

"The one who was commissioned to kill you is a man called Mr Lin. He is ruthless but very cautious."

Mr Lin? And chief Lin? The tournament was a gauge for Mr Lin to determine how strong his targets are.

Seeing that I'm still alive, Mr Lin might have given up the commission or offered a high price that the Patriarch cannot afford. Mr Lin wouldn't know if I am a young master of an influential family in the upper realm that cannot be offended.

Li Shao takes off the bandage and wipes the remnants of the herbs off my body. "You are free to escape. I won't stop you but I advise against it. The blood sect will come for you and your injury is yet to be healed."

The blood sect might have asked Li Shao to keep an eye on me while the patriarch reports his findings.

"There exist many geniuses in every generation, yet the numbers that reached adulthood can easily be in one digit." Says Li Shao. "I have no intention to harm you. In fact, I rather help you and have no obligation to 'keep an eye on you.'. You are very interesting after all. As long as you are here, no one will harm you."

"Do you know where the blood sect operates?" I ask.

"I wish I do. I don't even know if the blood sect truly has a headquarters, their location of operation changes every time."

Li Shao washes the bandages as the young girl from before knocks on the door.

?

She has an anxious complexion.

"T-The Heavenly Divine Dragon patriarch wants to meet with Wang Ji."

...

Li Shao stands up. "Wait here."

...

A few minutes later, he returns with three elders.

One of the elders is wearing a red robe with gold lining and has a grey goat moustache.

Li Shao seems to be containing his laughter.
"These three have something amusing to say." Li Shao says.

The three elders sit beside the bed and bow.

They are showing that much respect?

I have humiliated their sect over and over but they chose to give me this treatment.

"I pay my respects to you, young master. I am the Patriarch of the Heavenly Divine Dragon sect, Wang Li Ye." Says the man with the goat moustache. "I will cut to the chase. We want you to be the Patriarch of our sect!"

!!!!!!?????

"Many clans have come and tried to talk with you but I turned all of them down. However, for them, haha... Very amusing isn't it?" Says Li Shao.

"A sect is one's origin and root yet you are handing it to a stranger?" I ask.

"What worth is an origin without pride. I ask for nothing but fame, I want the young master to rise our sect back to the top."

Back to the top...

"The sect used to be one of the top three factions in the country, their glory ended when their ancestor died of a disease. Since then, they have not produced any geniuses to rival the rising generations." Says Li Shao.