47 | Joie

WYOMING

WYOMING.

"Good morning."

               My voice startled Tanika as she came outside in her robe for I assume mail. She had her hand planted on her chest to relax her heart.

              "Goddamn!" Tanika exhaled sharply, "You scared the shit out of me."

               "I'm sure I did."

               "What're you doing here? How did you even find me?"

               "I always knew where you were." I told her as I stood up, "Always. I just left you alone. Just like how you find your way back every time. Let's go in. We need to talk."

               She leaded the way in and I followed. The house was warm and welcoming. Furnished.

               "Some hideout." I say, looking around the living room decor. "Very planned and ready for you. Anyone else here with you?"

               "Nope."

               The look in her eyes and the creak coming from the top floor told me otherwise. "You sure you want to keep lying to me? Tell em' to come down."

               Just as she looked passed me, I heard the patio door open unexpectedly and by the hair I knew who it was running out. I was quick to chase after her, catching her trying to hop over the gate. "You're not getting away this time bitch." I promised, gripping her hair and pulled her off to the ground.

               She yelped as her back hit the lawn grass and I straddled her. I was quick to smack her across the face. "You almost got me killed you bitch!"

               "Hey! Hey!" Someone grabbed me in a secure hold, pulling me off Aqua while Tanika checked on her. "What the fuck is wrong with you Joie!?"

               "What's wrong with me!?" I retorted, "No. What the fuck is wrong with her? And how the fuck did she find you that quick? Can you get offa me."

               The person releases me and I turned to the woman with a warm ivory complexion. She resembles Andi and I knew right then, this was her mother.

               "What the hell's going on?" She asked, breathing heavily.

               "This is my daughter Joie, Lizzie." Tanika introduced me. "She knows everything. About Winston, us. Everything."