4 | Andi

It was the crack of dawn when Davina woke me and Joie and Caren pushed out her first baby girl

               It was the crack of dawn when Davina woke me and Joie and Caren pushed out her first baby girl. Caren wanted the birth recorded, as her first two, so Joie captured the moment and Davina held the video call of Jade since she was over in Los Angeles and refused to miss the birth. As for me, I was in the position Caren's husband should've been, holding her hand and encouraging Caren to push and how strong she was.

               I had no clue where Xavier might've been. But we didn't have to be a rocket scientist to know. I kept my opinions to myself—me not being in position to judge—keeping Caren's mind focused on bringing her new baby into this world and not alone.

               I smile, watching how at awe Caren was staring down at her newborn and Calen on the bed, bragging how much of a good big brother he would be. Checking the time on my phone, I realized I needed to leave.

               "As much as I want to stay, I have to head home. I open the bank today." I pouted, as I walk over to kiss Calen and Caren on the forehead and hugging Zay and Davina.

               "Ugh, I gotta leave, too." Joie said, hugging everyone. "We watching the Grammy's here?"

               "Well, I can't leave, so yes." Caren answered.

               "I'll be here at 7:30."

               Joie and me turned to leave, when the door pushed open and in walked Xavier.

               "Wow!" Davina spoke, "I know good and goddamn well you didn't decide to walk yo Golly Green ass in here after she pushed out your daughter without you?"

               "You know what, maybe I will stay behind." Joie said, eager for the drama.

               "Good morning to you, too, Davina." Xavier ignored the attitude coming his way. "Joie, Andi."

               Joie scoffed and in unison we said. "Xavier."

               "Nope, we're leaving." I pull Joie with me. "See you tonight Care."

               "You always want to miss the drama." Joie stated as we reached the elevator and I pressed the button. "You know Momma D finna read his ass his rights honey."

               "It's none of our business. At least until Care tell us herself."

               The elevator doors opened, we stepped on, when Zay and Calen joined. "Momma D cussing him out, ain't she?" Joie asked.