22 | Caren

May 2nd

               May 2nd.

               I should be excited for Andi's birthday today. Every year since our first year of college we would all—me, Joie, Andi, Jade—took a trip to Six Flags with it being her favorite place.

               But this year, things would be pretty awkward between me and Jade. I haven't seen Jade since she put me and my microwave dinner out of her house. I called a few days ago to congratulate her on winning the restraining order on her record label, but I quickly found out I was blocked. My number, on Insta, even Snapchat. She went that petty.

               My advice to Claudia was coming as a mother. Knowing Dia for as long as I've known her, witnessing her at her lowest times, I could see her change and how much she really wanted to receive another chance to proof herself as a mother to Margo.

               Despite me putting Claudia out that day, I still wanted her to win.

               I haven't seen her since and I could only pray that she wasn't out reverting back to her old self.

               I paused on packing my tote for on-the-road to call Claudia. I have called previous times, but she never answered. It worried me. I listened to the line ring, assuming she wouldn't answer with how long the thrilling filled my ears.

               I pulled the phone off my ear, nearly ending it when I heard, "I haven't answered for a reason."

               It was Claudia and she at least sounds sober. "Well you answered. How are you doing?"

               "I'm perfectly fine," she said so dryly.

               "Are you? I haven't seen you."

               Dia scoffed on her end. "Why would you? You put me out. I'm not staying anywhere I'm not welcomed. I'm straight tho."

               I sighed with softness. "Where are you staying Dia?"

               "Women's shelter on Third."

               "That's the worst shelter Claudia." I said.

               "Well what do you expect me to do?"