37 | Jade

I was back in Miami, working hard and nonstop on my album and today it was my day to take a break

I was back in Miami, working hard and nonstop on my album and today it was my day to take a break. I planned to sip on wine, enjoy the silence while Sarai was in Texas. But an unexpected text from a friend of mine came to my phone and it dragged me out of bed and got me dressed for the day. I drove myself to the location the friend sent me and approaching the front desk the young lady's presence was welcoming. She was about to say something to me. But the moment I removed my dark sunglasses, the words were caught in her throat.

The look was familiar. This young lady was starstruck.

"Hey gorgeous," I wore a smile, greeting her.

"I—Wow." She managed to release, staring at me. "Y-you.. it's you. Jae Skye. I was told someone was coming, but I didn't expect you. Oh. My. God! This is unbelievable. My friends are never going to believe this. Can I have a autograph? No, no, a picture? No, no, he told me not to—"

"Fangirl," the male's voice finished for her and the new friend of mine approached—Gustavo. He dressed nice and smelled even nicer. He reached her, standing way before her height, and took her under his arm with a chuckle. "I told you not to be such a fangirl. Excuse my sister." He apologized.

I eyed the young lady and realized how much she and Gustavo favored each other. "Oh, this is the infamous sister. Can I have the name of my biggest fan?"

"Em..." She choked and Gustavo smacked her back, forcing her words out. "Emilia. Emilia Vargas."

I chuckled a little. "Well, nice to meet you Emilia. I will give you a picture.. Under one condition."

Emilia grinned. "Anything."

"Tell your brother to go easy when he teaches me how to cook."

"Go easy," Emilia told him quickly then looked back to me. "Can I have like four?"

"Yeah. Come on, love."

Emilia rushed around, nearly pushing tall Gustavo to the ground, immediately going to her camera. I allowed her to capture a few silly photos of us when Gustavo's phone rung.

The call was short and Gustavo said, "All right, fan girl. Mom's outside for you and not coming in. She says y'all have an appointment or something."