36 | Andi

I wanted to lay in bed, sulk in depression

               I wanted to lay in bed, sulk in depression. My program came and went and I was dodging Golden's calls for the past week, even after Joie told me not to ignore her anymore. I just didn't want to think about it. I rather have spent time with Arya. Hassan was in town for the day with the playoff season still in session. Being with them was more important to me.

             I was sitting on the floor of Arya's bedroom with her babbling bouncing off the walls, while I was getting her ready. My cell phone start ringing beside me and I picked it up to look at the caller. "Dad's calling," I answered and Jarvis popped up on the screen. "It's Daddy, Ary."

               "Baby!" Jarvis's voice excited Arya, making her reach for the phone. "Pretty stuff. I miss you. I'm ready to come home to you."

               I smiled at the interaction between them. "How's Virginia?"

               "Busy," Jarvis exhaled tiredly. "Should've done couso how I do everybody else I fund businesses for—provide and do me."

               "Could've," I said. "But you wouldn't. Family's different."

               "You right bout that," he yawned shortly. "Where y'all going?"

               "Hang with Hassan." I mentioned, just for Jarvis to look a certain way. "What's the issue?"

               Jarvis chuckled bitterly, "Nothing. Just call once y'all get in."

               Another call came in, pausing ours, and Joie was requesting to FaceTime. I let Jarvis know I'd call him later and answered hers.

               "Hi, Stinka!" Joie greeted Arya soon as the video connected. Arya babbled, eager for the phone. "Look at that beautiful niece of mine."

               I wanted to be acknowledged. "Hello to you too."

               "Oh, hey." She said dryly.

               I laughed. "Don't play with me whore."

               "Hands on my knees, shaking ass, on my thot shit!" Joie recited TheeStallion lyrics with her tongue sticking, "Hey mufucka. What you doin?"

               "Getting ready to hang out with Hassan. He's back in town. What're you doing honey?"

               "Hanging with yo future husband." She snapped her fingers in approval, "I'm just sitting here weighing my options."