Eternal Family (Bryan x Jakey)

Requested by Brakeyandbrypu4ever
-----------------------------------------------------

'This is bad'

'This is bad'

'Not good at all'

Bryan thought, pacing from one side of the cozy living room to the other. A ferocious red tail swing dangerously fast behind. Stuck in thought, he didn't hear the call of his name.

'Ok'

'Ok'

'Maybe Allumos found a solution. Or Mario! He's smart, YEAH! He can definitely help me.'

"BRYAN!"

The exclamation of his name finally brought him down to earth. Startled by the cry, snapping his head to the only other person in the room. His eyes soften, lips turn into a carefree smile.

"I was thinking–"

Jakey started, rubbing his pregnant belly with a bright smile. Though it wasn't big or plum like Bryan would have imagined the smile widen his own. They are happy. Without notice he placed a claw, scaled hand onto the little bump. Not remembering when he walked. Losing all recognition his canine teeth appear in a smile.

"That maybe the Dragon Slayer's should hold a meeting."

Their heads rose in a snap, staring into each other's gleam.

"A meeting! That won't be necessary Allumos can help me–us. . .he can help us."

With intersecting fingers they refuse to break eye contact. The room fell to silence. Both beings taking each other's presence as a fragile gift by the gods, to forever be lost only if they look away. A dream they worked so hard to create; a family.

The wonders of having a kid; girl or boy running around the house. Babbling nonsense as they knock over a vase off the table, or how messy they'll be while eating any food. The cries they cry when hurt or sad. The messes they make. The heart attacks they'll have when they play with a dangerous object.

The head aches when they cry at night.

But cry when they leave on a road to start life. Feel lonely without their presence. Bored without their messes to clean. Dread the silence that shows. The emptiness in their room.

And their heart that cries out at night, yearning for their return.

What's makes the annoying babbling, cleaning, cries, heart aches and head aches worth everything. Just to watch their little kid grow into what he or she would like. What makes a family.

"If going away is the best option–"

Jakey sighed, stopping mid-sentence, nibbling his bottom lips lightly looking down at his bump. Bryan's eyes wide and dilated his wings nervously twitched. Tightening his hold on his husband, both holding a sob.

"Then–Then. . .I am willing to wait."

His throat felt dry like the sands in a desert, yet his eyes flowed like the ocean in a hurricane. Truly he didn't want this but this is a matter of safety, both him and the baby.

"You heard?"

His shoulders shaked, mucus building–up, his muscles tensed, an anguishing tear flowing down his cheek. He watched as the blunette dreadfully nodded looking upon his bump.

"I was just walking"
He shuttered, hiccups following.
"I was just walking by–and I heard Allumos and you talking"
He paused, regretting the memory.
"I wanted to leave."
He cried harder.
"I really did!"
His body shook, his cries coming in wails.

'There must be another way!'

He thought when running back to their home.

'There has to be!'

Slamming the door open he ran to the living room. Igniting the fire place.

'Please'

He prayed

'Give me my wish of an family'

Hovering his hands over the rising flame. He closed his eyes, attempting to reverse the fire to a spark. Surrounded by a halo of orange and blue he worked. Ignoring the soft cramps in his stomach until it felt like his organs twisted each other. He opened his eyes with a scream, tears finding his eyes.

Nothing happened. Nothing changed.

"Jakey"

Hands placed on his shoulders brought he him back. Snapped back to the Dragon Slayer in front with tears rolling down. The hazel-golden eyes treasuring him.

"Are you sure? I can find another way."

Bryan reasoned, babbling on but Jakey only nods in disagreement.

"We'll wait."

He simply states, resting his hand on the Slayers stained cheek. A strained smile on his face as he stroked the tears away. Bryan only nods, forcing a smile. Bowing his head 'til the crown of his head touched the womb treasuring their baby. He spoke a quiet pray, asking for protection and the well-being of his family.

"I'll come back"

He delivered a kiss, strained out for the nick of time, treasuring the moment. Once apart, panting lightly, Jakey spoke:

"Upon your return"
He paused for a tearful smile.
"Our make our family eternal."