I'm Sorry-Part 2

Requested by Zz_Whatever_zZ
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Everything was quiet, the room, the murmuring behind the door, and his head. Artemis laid sideways on the bed, covered by the blanket's warmth, staring at the blank wall. The lights were off but he had no intention on sleeping. Days had passed that felt like weeks of eternal aloneness. Occasional knocking from Shino bringing food, hygiene supplies, or even sewing supplies.

Artemis hardly moved, he had no motivation, no desire to sew or draw. The smell of cold food lingered the quiet room, emanating from the plate of food from dinner time on the drawer, untouched. Knocking broke the peaceful silence of the tightening room, "I'm coming in." Shino's muffled voice said, opening the door to reveal the orange-haired boy.

Artemis didn't acknowledged the fact Shino was here, or flinch when the burning lights turned on. He didn't move nor speak, his body laid limp on the bed staring at the blank wall. "Artemis" Shino sighed, once again seeing the untouched food on the drawer, softly closing the door behind him. Holding the plate of food at hand, tigtly. Quietly walking over to his friend, placing the freshly cooked food next to the cold one.

"Please" Shino begged, kneeing down in front of Artemis, stroking the hair behind his ear. "Eat something, anything." Shino cried, no reaction. Artemis was unfazed by Shino's pleads and cries, no though flowing through his once open mind. They glared into theirs eyes, Shino had noticed the lacking shine in Artemis's eyes since day two. He dared glance at his neck, burn marks staining the soft skin underneath the silver binding.

He had changed the burning bindings to just the cancelling quirk bindings, due to Artemis using his quirk too much. His glaze returned back to Artemis's dark, lifeless eyes, his heart cracked right at the center hitting the core hard. Tears rolled down as he grabbed Artemis's shoulder with a death grip. "Eat something!" Shino cried out, gasping for air as mucus built up in his nose. "Anything at all!"

Artemis again seemed unfazed, staring at every tear fall from Shino's puffening eyes. No thought appearing on mind, he rolled over, back facing Shino's distressed face. The whales of cries grew louder. Shino laid his face on the bedding, muffling his cries. "Artemis" Shino's muffled voice said, "Please."

He still didn't move, he had drowned out his cries. Stuck in his world, imaging being with Rikku in the Cafe Club. Her maid dress swirling every turn she made, as he served a customer his cheesecake, gently laying it in front of him. He giggled as the client happily picked up the fork, stabbing the tip of the pie and gouged it down his throat, a satisfied groan at the taste. How he missed those days, his friends, his freedom. A tear bypassed Artemis's sense, unaware of his wet cheek. He was crying and he didn't even know.

An arm wrapped around his waist, a head passed against his neck, tears fell wetting his skin as big gasps of air punctured his crevice. Shino had laid down, hugging what he though were the remains of his semi alive friend. Hugging tighter with every gasp, with every tear shed onto Artemis's dirty, bonedry skin.

"A-artemis" Shino's voice broke, hugging a little harder, pressing his head deeper into his neck. "Talk to m-me. . .p-please." He cried against his neck, desperately, longing to hear his voice. Artemis's lips quivered, hesitating on speaking, his breathing shaking. "I-i wa-want to go o-out-side."

His eyes shot up, "What?" Said Shino, surprised. "Outside" Artemis quietly said, turning back around to face Shino. Face to face, skin to skin, another tear fell from Shino's brown eyes, a smile formed of his face. Hugging Artemis another time crying joyous. "Can I g-go outside?" Artemis asked, hugging him back as Shino's tears soaked him once again.

Despite them being every close, Shino didn't hear the question. He was happy that his friend had finally talked after days of playing mute. His eyes widen with shock when he felt the embrace of Artemis's arms. "T-thank you-u" Shino's voice cracked, his glossy eyes releasing another tear. "You d-don't know how ha-ppy this make-s me."

"Outside" Artemis repeated, pulling away from the huge, staring at Shino supplicating him. He shifted, unsure of his request. But also feared his friend wouldn't talk to him again if he said no. With no more thoughts he agreed. Artemis's eyes shined their normal color again, sheered with joy. "But-" Shino interrupted the moment. Artemis stoned, afraid that he had changed his mind. "First you're going to eat." Shino held the warm plate in his hand, up to Artemis's face.

Artemis's queered at the food with ignorance. "Artemis listen, after you're done eating and showering, then we can go outside." Shino clarified receiving a face of urgency on the male before him. "We can argue but just know I'm only saying yes because it's nighttime." Shino raised an eyebrow plastid with a sly smirk.

Artemis instantaneously grabbed the plate and started eating, quick. Shino watched, smiling as his friend finally ate. Waiting patiently by the doorway as Artemis showered, coming out five minutes later fully dressed. "Ready" Shino asked opening the door, holding it open for Artemis. He frantically nodded running out the room, quickly followed by Shino telling him to 'slow down.'