8: Hello Mr. Detective!

There was pin-drop silence in the living room. On another hand, the seven hybrids held their breath. Their heightened hearing let them hear everything that was being said. They knew this was a sensitive topic for her. It would be for anyone. Losing a loved one is not easy. But losing all of your family in one day is like a hell.

-Three years ago-
Jae waited for Y/N at the entrance to the venue of the college graduation party. It was held by the members of the trustees. The Venue was huge and decorated in red and white roses. Suddenly a limousine stopped in front of the venue. Out came a very gorgeous looking woman in a sparkly knee-length dress. Jae looked at her and moved away from the venue entrance. It was his previous owner's daughter. The vile woman had made his life a living hell. If not for the kind worker at the hybrid facility who saw signs of abuse, he would have been long dead. He tried to hide behind the huge security guard at the entrance. As soon as the girl entered the hall, he let out a breath of relief. Suddenly he was greeted by a pair of hands covering his eyes. "Guess who?!" A voice said in a sing-song way, mischief laced in the tone. "Hmm. Is it my Y/N?" Jae said laughing. The hand was removed and he was met by a pouting Y/N. "Why do you always guess me right!" She asked faking her anger. "I have hybrid senses sweety. And your scent is my favourite!" Jae said pinching the pouting girl's face. "Let's go inside!" He said pulling her hands. Y/N giggled like a child and followed him. The inside was breathtakingly beautiful. There were chandeliers, hanging from the ceiling casting warm light and blue lights contrasting the dark corners. Tables were spread out with people laughing or talking around them. Waiters moved around serving drinks and food to the guests. "Y/N!" A voice called. Y/N and Jae looked at the voice. They went to the source and Y/N smothered the girl with a hug. "Yumi! You look so beautiful! We're is Jongin?" Y/N asked. "Someone called?" A voice said popping out of nowhere. Yumi sighed. "Stop gobbling the fish fingers, babe!" Jongin nodded. "But they were delicious," he said with a pout. The three friends laughed. 'This is what I wanted.' Looking at the love of his life he thought. "When Jae graduates from medical school, Y/N will sure bring him a truckload of flowers!" Yumi said teasing her friend. "If she is there at my graduation that would be enough for me!" Jae said and side hugged Y/N. Jongin and Yumi aww-ed in unison. Everything was perfect. After Jae met Y/N everything fell into place. But life hates perfection. As if on cue a voice interrupted. "Well well well! If it isn't my pet sex toy!" Jae froze in his place. Y/N turned around. Rolling her eyes at the girl she said. "Get out of here Suzy Kim! Before I slam my 4-inch heel into your eye socket!". Suzy snarled and reached out a hand to grab Y/N but was stopped by another hand. It removed her hand and slapped her. Suzy looked at the person with fire in her eyes. " How dare you lay your filthy hands on me you half-breed!" She snarled and charged toward Jae but tripped and fell. Y/N dusted her hands and said, "Talk to my man like that, and the next you will fall from a building" She held Jae's hand and went from there to the main ceremony area followed by Yumi and Jongin.
End of flashback

Sighing Y/N continued the story to the detectives. "Suzy and her mother Janet Kim we're relentless after that. They tried every trick in the book to get ownership of Jae. But when finally cops arrested Suzy for causing a ruckus at Jae's Medical School, they backed off. A week after that.." Her voice trailed off.
The detective sighed. "We have reasonable evidence to believe that behind the attack on your family was one woman. Janet Kim. The hybrid hunters are an underground group founded and led by her." The detective said. Y/N snapped up to look at him. "The hybrid hunters! They were here, in the jungle a few days back, trying to hurt a few of my friends!" She said. The detective raised his eyebrows. "Where do your friends live?" He asked. "They have gone into hiding for a few days. After they are comfortable I'll ask them to talk to you" she said. The adjective nodded. "Alright Ms Song, that is all we had to say for today. We will be taking our leave." He said and gave a card to her. "Call me if anything happens," he said and left followed by the attorney and the prosecutor. While the detective was going, Y/N asked, "You said you have reasonable evidence to believe Janet Kim is responsible for..the incident. What kind of evidence?". The detective looked at the prosecutor and then looked at Y/N. He said, "for your safety and to catch the perpetrators we would not reveal the evidence right now, but just so you know, it is enough to make us believe and we are trying to gather more to prosecute Mrs Kim". Y/N nodded and waved them off. She locked the door and sighed. She went to her study and knocked on the door. The group of hybrids peeped from behind it. "You all are okay?" She asked. They nodded and came out one by one.
"

Thank you" the quietest one, Yoongi said. "Hmm? Why?" Y/N asked taking a place on the loveseat. "For not revealing our location." He said. Y/N smiled. "I would never. Not until you want me to. Even if the world falls apart" she said slightly tilting her head.
"Now! Who is gonna make dinner with me!" She asked clapping her hands
Jin and Jimin perked up. "Me!" Bothe said in unison. "Can I join too?" Yoongi asked. Y/N nodded with a smile.
'How do you still smile when your world is in shreds?' Yoongi wondered. Lately, the girl with the raven hair and a mole on her nose has been on his mind a lot.