Part 30

Location - Murthy's home

Manan broke out of their trance hearing the clapping and felt a little embarrassed. Cabir and mukti went near manan and started teasing them.

Mukti: "arrey wah...look Cabir....how synchronized and lovely they have sung na....did u practice without us knowing haan bhai" in a teasing tone with Cabir by her side.

Nandu: "arrey...no Mukti...wo bas... rishu wished for me to sing...for his birthday...I didn't know when Manik joined with me" in a embarrassed and hesitant tone.

Cabir: "haan what a prefect chemistry yaar...without practice and all....maana padega....hai na mukti"with a teasing glint in his eyes.

Nandu and Manik got red and stunned hearing the word "perfect chemistry" and locked with each other with the corner of eyes.

Cabir: "arrey...why are you both looking red?...I meant about your singing chemistry yaar..." said in a full teasing tone.

Nandu got more embarrassed and started stammering "woh... " looking down. Manik composed himself to save Nandini and was about to stop Cabir. At the meantime, Niyonika and Raj went near them and went to help poor red looking Nandini. Niyonika twisted Cabir's ear to stop him from teasing further.

Cabir: "aaahhh.....niyo maa...please leave my ears... already it is close to bleeding with your previous insult to my ear" said in a dramatic tone.

Niyonika: "kuch der pehle hi tumne kya kaha tha Cabir..." said in a fake serious tone rising her eyebrows.

Cabir: "teeke maa...ab aapka ladle bete ko nahi sathavunga..." said with his defeated tone because of losing his chance of teasing manan.

Nandu: "welcome aunty, uncle...." greeted manik's parents and got blessings from them. They blessed Nandu.

Rishab went near Nandu and hugged her suddenly which made her slightly bend hitting manik's frontside with her back. Manik caught her shoulders and balanced her straight. Nandu shivered a little with Manik's touch and looked back to Manik. Nandu composing herself patted Rishu's back smilingly and kissed his forehead.

Rishab: "thank u so much di....for singing for my birthday....it's so good to hear you after a long time...." said in an emotional tone.

Nandu:"arrey...bas itne mehi kush....I have wasted my time in making your favorite payasam and your other favorite dishes....chalo I will serve the dishes to your friends and guests except you...teeke" said in a teasing tone.

Rishab:"no I want it...mera favorite payasam....aur wo bhi aapki haat ka banaa ho...I won't miss it" shouted in surprise.

Nandu: "teeke baba...no one will eat without you eating first...first meet manik's parents and give greetings...chalo.." said in a sweet way to rishab.

Even in excitement, Rishab didn't forgot to greet Manik's parents and got blessings for his birthday which made Manik's parents admire his manners. Manik was admiring Nandu's interactions with his parents and his love for her brother with a smile. Niyonika was noticing his son's gaze and understood his liking for her. She nudged Raj and showed Manik's expressions with knowing smirk on her face. Cabir noticed Niyonika and Raj seeing Manik. Cabir went near Nandu nudging manik on his shoulders to break his gaze.

Cabir: "nandini u sang so well.....where did u learn to sing?" asked Cabir in an inquisitive tone.

Nandu: "wo... amms taught me...I mean my grandmother taught me to sing" said with a sad smile remembering her dearest time with amms and started to miss her parents and amms.

Manik noticed her sadness and was about to console her. At the sametime, Abhi came and called everyone for cutting the cake. Then, Abhi went near Nandu when everyone went to cake cutting and consoled her.

Abhi: "baby doll, tum amms aur Amma appa ko miss karahi ho na...." said in a brotherly tone side hugging her.

Nandu: "haan bhai, wo sab yaha hote....aur bhi party amazing hota" in a sad tone.

Abhi: "meri cute sa doll....today is a special day for your brother...so only smiling faces allowed" said in a playful tone kissing her forehead.

Nandu: "yes...bhai we will go for cake cutting now" said to abhi.

After cutting the cake, Rishab got presents from everyone and then everyone went to have dinner. All were surprised to see so many dishes which included South Indian dishes and Punjabi dishes.

Cabir: "waah.... nandini so many dishes....so mouth-watering....but you are South Indian right....but why did you also make Punjabi dishes?...." asked raising his eyebrows.

Nandu: "Manik is Punjabi right...so I thought to prepare for him...." answered absent-minded while checking the dinner arrangements.

Cabir, Mukti and Manik's parents smirked hearing Nandu's reply. Manik went on seventh sky with happiness shining in his eyes on hearing her care for him.

Niyonika: "Nandu you specially made dishes for my son...that's so sweet" said in a playful tone.

Nandu: "nahi aunty wo main...mera matlab....haan meri chachi Punjabi hai....you are also Punjabi...so I thought to prepare both..." said with witty mind with big sigh in her mind.

Cabir and mukti looked at each other and shaked their head in negative for not able to corner Nandu.

Nyonika: "jo bhi hai, tum ne har guest ka taste ko aache se prepare ki hai....u noted everything for each and everyone....tum jis ghar shaadi kar ke jaawogi na...us ghar mein happiness would be fulfilled there..." said with a happy smile and blessed her again.

Nandu got flushed and thanked nyonika. Manik went in dream state thinking about Nandu in his house as his bride. Cabir again broke his trance and said "bhai, tum yisi thara dream state par jaawoge na pakka yaha sab ko patha jaljayega...so keep Romeo within yourself...pls ok"

Nandu started serving dishes for everyone ignoring others wishes for her to sit and eat with them saying that "mujhe aap sab ko apne haatho se serve karna aacha lagta hai". After everyone started eating, all praised her for the delicious foods making her happy. Nandu was eagerly waiting for Manik's comments for the food as she cooked his Punjabi dishes but he did not say a word to tease Nandu and continued eating his food.

Cabir saw this and nudged his side and murmured "Oye Romeo, abhi kyu apne plate pe focus karrahe ho, Nandini is waiting for your comments dude....kuch tho bol use". Manik murmured back to Cabir "tum apne plate pe focus kar foodie kahika, mujhe patha hai wo mujhe dekhrahi hai, I will handle it. Manik continuous ignored her which irked Nandu. When dinner got over, Rishab's friends went back home as they have to reach home early. Fab 5 and manik's parents stayed back for some time. They went to backyard to enjoy some quality time with each other. Nandu served them ice-cream for dessert. When she was about to take ice-cream for herself, she spilled some on her dress.

Chachi: "Nandu, dhyan se beta, jao room jaake stain ko wash karo and change the dress" said to Nandu.

Nandu: "ji chachi, mai change karke abhi aati hoon" said to chachi and excused herself from everyone. Nandu changed her dress and washed the stain in her room. After Nandu changed her dress, she got reminded of Manik's behavior at dinning table and got irritated again. Nandu complained to her Aiyappa while holding her fireflies "Aiyappa, ye Manik bhi na kuch bhi nahi bola dinner ke baare mein and full-on ignore karraha tha" in an irritated tone. "Mein tho uske baare mein soch karhi mein Punjabi dishes bhi prepare ki thi...one word would have sufficed for efforts I made" said more to herself than Aiyappa feeling disappointed on Manik's behavior.

Nandu chucked her silly thoughts and turned to join everyone but got startled seeing the person standing at her door.

This part freezes with Nandu's startled face.