Chapter 21.5 ((Y/N) goes to the store to buy milk)

Axel... the relatively medium size village at the end of the continent, the outermost edge of the ((Debatably)) Great Kingdom of Belzerg. In this town, hundreds of different stories are being played out, although most are out of view, that won't really stop the 4th wall from barging through people's privacy.

Now, what story will we be observing now?

(Y/N): Dammit, we ran out of milk again...

Eris: (Y/N)! This is the 34th you drank! This was supposed to at least last us the entire winter! And you just drank it all!

Of course... it's these people.

(Y/N): Look, I can just go to the store and buy some more.

Eris: You've spent over 350,000 eris on milk alone in the past week...

Eris said, facepalming herself as I watched lazily with a comical amount of empty milk bottles strewn about.

Eris: I don't even know how you haven't had any intestinal problems yet...

(Y/N): Look, I know it's a BIT much...

Eris: It's overextending our budget.

(Y/N): But we're rich!

Eris: Not for long if you keep up your addiction. I mean, why do you even drink so much in the first place?

(Y/N): Okay, to be truthful with you Eris, the only reason my parents didn't die from the... ya know, Truck-kun's stand-in is because I specifically wanted them to go out and buy milk. And the fact that I haven't drank any in MONTHS also makes me long for it. So yeah, I do indeed long for some milk.

Eris: Okay, I somewhat get it... but still!

(Y/N): Alright alright, I get it. I won't drink any more milk. Just keep it inside somewhere till Winter comes and milk prices skyrocket...

Eris: Anyways, try and deal with your milk addiction. It's unhealthy for you.

(Y/N): Yeah yeah sure.

Closing the door behind me and going down the Inn past the dining room and to the front door, I opened the door to meet the streets of Axel booming with activity as merchants have already set up shop, which is good for me as I still need my fix. Wait no, remember what she said...

Taking some bits of a detour through Axel to my destination, I took some time to see what was for sale, and for a medieval era of shops, it's surprisingly clean and well organised with a surprising amount of meat for sale.

Granted, most of this meat is from monsters these merchants killed themselves but still. It's crazy how, despite the fact that it looks like we are somewhere in the 13th century, the quality of life here is almost comparable to the 19th... maybe even the early 20th century!

Maybe magic and gods have something to do with it I suppose...

Anyways, after buying some kebabs ((They apparently sell that here)) I finally am in front of the store which sells nothing but dairy products. And it's closed.

(Y/N): Hey uh... you open?

Store Owner: Sorry but- *gasp* IT'S YOU! WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME!

The store owner came out of the shop only to be in horror at the mere sight of me.

(Y/N): Uh... what?

Store Owner: PLEASE, WHAT DO YOU WANT? MY MONEY? MY WIFE? MY ENTIRE BUSINESS? JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!

(Y/N): I just wanted milk.

Store Owner: I'M SORRY BUT WE'RE OUT!

(Y/N): Huh... well that ruined my entire trip here.