Chapter 18 (Crimson Vacation)

________________________________________________________________________________

Dear to whoever may read this,

After my recent run-in with a mercenary group who wanted my head, in a non-sexual way, get your mind out of the gutter. I have decided that I'll be staying at my destination because ya know, seeing the same building every day is boring. That's one of the reasons why I decided to go to this fantasy world... plus the thrills... the money... love...

Eh, anyway, after this I'm thinking about actually going out and leaving Axel, the capital city seems like a good next destination for me to go to. I might actually end up becoming a noble if I'm at the right place at the right time!

-Signed, (Y/N) (L/N)

________________________________________________________________________________

Location: -{Crimson Demon Village}-

So, before we actually started our tour around the Crimson Demon Village. Yunyun's father, Hirpon, confronted me privately. The atmosphere is cheerful and warm, but I can still sense that this is a serious discussion.

Hiropon: I see you've taken care of my daughter!

(Y/N): Yeah yeah, I have. She's a cheerful and positive person and I enjoy being around her.

Hiropon: That's nice to hear. My daughter is, as you might have already seen is... socially awkward...

(Y/N): I don't want to discuss that... it really doesn't sit well with me to talk about someone's problems behind their backs... even with their own family members I feel uncomfortable.

He knows he's lying.

I mean, if it's with people I have no close relation to, then yeah, that's fine by me.

Hiropon: It seems you really do care for her!

(Y/N): Of course, I do. Social awkward people like me and Yunyun need to stick together! Plus, I see she has improved in socializing or at least feels more comfortable around others.

Hiropon: It's just that I care for my daughter, I don't want some random person to emotionally manipulate my daughter into doing... less than favourable actions...

(Y/N): Trust me, people can be difficult to deal with. I've dealt with emotional manipulation in the past, and I can respect your caution.

Hiropon: I'm glad such a trusted person is with my daughter... but before we go, I have one last thing to say... what do you think about further relations with my daughter?

(Y/N): ...I mean... I'm not against the idea... she's someone I can rely on, but just... I don't want to settle down just yet, I want to continue adventuring! Maybe down the line, I guess so. Only time will tell.

Hiropon: Hahaha! Of course! You are an adventurer after all!

Anyways, an hour later, I, Eris and Yunyun just finished eating our ice cream just after another unproductive meeting in the newly named "(Y/N) council."

(Y/N): So, where are we going next! 

Eris: This shrine looks interesting, so why not visit it?

Yunyun: Oh yeah! That place, Follow me.

After around a few minutes later, we reached a strangely traditional-looking Japanese shrine, now... not to say I'm an expert in them, because I've only stayed in that country for about 9 months in the city of Kyoto.