𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗

Start from the beginning

"Like what?"

"Like children."

John looked at the boys, "You are my children. I'm trying to keep you safe."

Dean said, "Dad, all due respect, but that's a bunch of crap."

Sam and John looked at Dean, shocked. John asked, "Excuse me?"

"You know what Sammy, Kay, and I have been hunting. Hell, you sent us on a few hunting yourself. You can't be that worried about keeping us safe, it was Karina's job in the first place. All the way from North Carolina to California. She did everything she could to pay you back, Dad."

"It's not the same thing, Dean."

"Then what is it? Why do you want us out of the big fight?"

"This demon... It's a bad son of a bitch. I can't make the same moves if I'm worried about keeping you alive."

"You mean you can't be as reckless."

John sighed and looked at the trio, "Look... I don't expect to make it out of this fight in one piece. Your mother's death, it almost killed me. I can't watch my children die, and I can't watch my dearest friend die, too. I won't."

Karina chuckled softly and crossed her arms. She looked at John, "You know, John? The boys are right. Yeah, I drove from bus to bus to California to look after them. I thought, really? Babysitting business?'

"From what I experienced in the past year of my life. Sam and Dean are the best damn hunters I've ever seen. You taught them well. Both of them. You should be proud of them. If you don't... that's okay because I do.'

"Sure, they have doubts. You know what kept them going? Each other. Someone once said that this is the family business. Winchesters's business. I had business of my own. Until you called me.'

"Yeah, you saved me from werewolves. Sure, you reminded me of my father. That doesn't mean you can control me and your sons.'

"What happens if you die? Or do we all die? At least we have done something together. Sammy was right... and I was wrong. We're stronger together. You guys are stronger together as a family. So does me and the boys. You know that, John Winchester. Don't deny it."

The boys looked at Karina, shocked and with little joy inside, knowing that the Huntress believed in them. Just like they believed in her. Dean was smiling inside hearing her quoting what he said to Sam. After all the time, she was proud of both of them. She is truly a family to Sam and Dean.

Karina didn't look at the boys' faces but at John. Waiting for him to respond. Even though her face was cold, her voice was strong and real. John decided to ignore Karina's speech and demanded them.

"We're running out of time. You do your job, and you get out of the area. That's an order."

***

Back at the nest, the trio went to their position. They all saw vampires outside chatting in a group, the leader, and a few vampires escaped in their truck. Leaving one vampire staying behind. He went back into the barn. The truck and a few cars drove out of the way, heading to John on the chase.

While the cars were disappearing, Sam couldn't help but look at Karina. She was drawing her two swords from her back in her hands.

He whispered to her, "Karina, thank you. Everything. Thank you."

Karina softly smiled. "Just remember, Sam. I got your back. Whether you don't like it or not."

"Actually, I might need it, anyway."

They both smiled at each other. They all turned to the barn, seeing the vampire walking inside the barn. Karina spoke up, "I called dibs."

She walked a little faster to the barn while the boys were following her behind. As they all went inside, they saw a vampire drinking on the chair. Then there was a small noise, getting his attention. He walked up from his chair, seeing in the distance. He walked closer to the closed barn doors.

He examined for a moment, seeing and hearing nothing. He swung his drink, he was turning away. As he turned, he saw Karina Leone, holding her two swords. She was behind him all along.

She grinned and said, "Sup, Ed?"

His eyes widened because of her appearance. She twirled her swords, and swang crossed both of her swords. Cutting his head off. The vampire's head rolled off on the ground. She put both of her swords on her back.

The trio carried on their position. Dean walked up to the cage, letting the victims escape. Sam and Karina walked to the woods. Dean took care of the victims. They all ran through the woods, disobeying John's order.

They all saw John knocked out on the ground. His original plan failed, but the trio was coming his way. Dean shot his arrow with blood at one of the vampires. They all ran out of the trees as Karina was running toward them. She grabbed her blade on her thigh holster which is covered with blood. She threw it at another vampire in its chest.

The leader of the vampire backhanded Sam to the ground. Dean came running to grab the machete off the ground. Karina grabbed both of her swords from her back paired up with Dean. As they both looked up, they all saw the vampire had his arm around Sam's neck.

He commanded them, "Don't! I'll break his neck. Put the blades down."

They both did nothing but stare at the vampire's eyes. He wasn't joking as he was choking Sam's throat more. Getting his air supply closed down. Sam's gasping loudly gets Dean and Karina tension. Dean and Karina side-eyed each other, giving each other a signal. Dean held his hand up and dropped the machete down on the ground along with Karina's swords.

"You people. Why can't you leave us alone. We have as much right to live as you do."

"I don't think so."

He turned his back to the voice that was speaking to him. John rose the Colt, and without hesitation. He shot him in the head between the eyes. His head went far back, leaving his arms down. Letting Sam escape from its arms. Dean pulled Sam away from him.

Bullethole in the head was dripping in one blood. Then a brief flash of light reflected his skeleton as he fell down on his knees. His girlfriend was screaming his name. Another flash of light passed through him, hitting the bullet shot. Finally, he fell down to the ground. Dead. By the Colt bullet.

The trio was shocked at what they saw. They all saw John. Other vampires grabbed each other, terrified for John, coming for them. After they witnessed their leader's death. Including the victim who became a vampire in one day. They escaped the road, leaving the trio and John alone on the street.

They all looked at John, stunned, as he smiled slightly at them.

The mission is accomplished.

***

Back at the motel, the rest of the trio were packing their bags. They haven't said a word to John after what they saw, mostly when they all saved him. Disobeying his order. John entered the room, seeing them packing their bags.

"So, boys... Karina."

He walked further toward them, as well the trio was walking up to him. Sam said, "Yes, sir?"

"You ignored a direct order back there."

"Yes, sir."

"But we saved your ass."

Sam side-glanced at Dean's comment while Karina remained silent. John looked at Dean and Karina. He was thinking about what they said to him. "You're right."

Dean and Karina respond to him in unison, "I am?/Sorry?"

"It scares the hell out of me. You three are all I've got. But I guess we are stronger as a family. So...let's go after this damn thing. Together."

Finally, the trio responded to John in one sentence, in unison. They all have determination in their eyes as they smile when they all respond to John Winchester. 

"Yes, sir."